Leftside of Body Shaking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamafrey, Jul 8, 2003.

1. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

Saturday i experienced a new episode where my left side of my body was shaking,(arm and leg) and it felt if my brain was having a tremor, it lasted a couple of hours. I have problems with my left side going numb from my head to my toes, but this was new. Has anyone else experienced this? Going to my dr. tomorrow. I also experience episodes where i feel drunk, drs. can't figure out what is going on. IMAGINE THAT! ! ! lol thanks again. mama
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I've had my right side does this but usually it's when I first get up, some going away after moving around but many times the numbness stays in my leg. I get tremor in my right fingers that come and go. I have spinal stenosis, deg. disc disease and disc bulges which I understand can cause this. Have you had MRI of your back or seen an orthopedic doctor?

I also get a what I call the woozies...like being off balance and dizzy which seems to be a common FM/CFS thing. I also get drunk feelings from some meds. Are you taking any that may be causing side effect?

Hope your doc has some answers...if not find another!
    Good luck,
    Shaky
  3. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

I have had an MRI of the brain but not the spine. I am on neurotin, but it seems to happen after the medicine wears off. Going to ask my dr. about again tomorrow. But i do have to say like i told my neurologist when it first appeared on wasn't on the neurotin, i would get vertigo, loss of hearing and go numb up my neck and head, the numbness then appeared on my face, lips and left side. When i feel this drunk feeling my left side of my brain feels really numb. I hope someday soon i find the answer, because i can't drive more than 10 mile from my house cause i never know when it will hit, i dont want to end up killing someone or my kids. I don't want to be restricted to my driving for the rest of my life i am only 41. I have 3 kids who are limited now on what activities they can be in cause i can't drive. Its scarey. Thank you so much for your reply. By the way do you have to have a neurologist order an MRI on the spine or can a reg. dr. order it? thanks again. mama
  4. kimkane

kimkane New Member

HI MAMA, I HAVE A TREMOR ON LEFT SIDE, LIKE I HAVE PARKINSON'S, MY RIGHT ARM FROM ELBOW DOWN TINGLES, BACK FIRES, AND GOES NUMB. THIS IS A 24/7 THING. I HAVE NO
    MED INSURANCE AT THE TIME SO I JUST LIVE WITH IT.
    I DID FILE FOR SS LAST MONTH. THEY ARE SENDING ME TO A DR
    HOPEFULLY THEY WILL FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG. I FELL AND BROKE MY BACK IN PLACES AROUND 7 YRS AGO, I ALSO THOUGH
    OUT MY NECK ALOT. SO WE WILL SEE. I SURE GET SICK OF IT.
    THANK GOD MY MAN UNDERSTANDS AS HIS SISTER HAD MS.
    TAKE CARE AND LET US KNOW IF YOU IMPROVE
    KIM KANE
  5. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

Going to the dr. today. YES, it feels and looks like i have parkinsons. I am numb 24/7 on my left side. the part that bothers me most is the left side of my brain. I did have an MRI, just one spot showed and they said it was nothing. My Fibro dr. believes i am in early MS. He also believes within 5 years the lesions will start showing. Although can lesions show in the spine and not in the brain with MS. There has never been an MRI on the base of skull or the spine. Oh i am so glad there is someone to relate too. (not that i wish this one someone but it helps to identify) please email me back. thanks mamafrey
  6. beckster

beckster New Member

when I read your post. I have a friend with CFIDS/FMS and she has numbness and tingling in one leg that comes and goes and also some visual problems. She has some spots on the MRI but nothing definitive. A couple docs told her they think it is MS; a couple others said it is seizures.
    I don't really know if they know yet.

Will you please keep us posted on your doctor visit and how you are doing? Woofda; who needs more problems?