leftygg are you there ?????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twister425, Jan 23, 2006.

1. twister425

twister425 New Member

I am so so sorry about your Bruno. My question is you said the vet gave him a rabies vaccines and a heartworm injection? I certainly don't want to add anything that would upset you more, but what Heartworm injection did he recieve? I have been off work since this past Oct. and the only injectable heartworm prevention I know of was recalled a couple years ago. Maybe something has changed but I would check into that as well. Again I am sorry about Bruno.

Sherri
  2. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

YES IT HAD TO BE AN INJECTION DIDNT IT SINCE HE WAS IN A BAD SHAPE. MY HUSBAND CALLED AND QUESTIONED IT AND VET SAID HE HAD TO GIVE IT TO HIM TO PROTECT OTHER ANIMALS THERE AND THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW BAD HE WAS YEAH RIGHT. IM STILL THINKING OF CALLING VET ASSOC. WHAT SHOULD IDO. WE MISS OUR BUDDY I JUST PUSH IT OUT OF MY MIND.
    THANKS FOR CARING GAIL
  3. twister425

twister425 New Member

Gosh I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner. It still doesn't make sense to me.Why the dr. had to vaccinate Bruno. I guess I can kinda of see the rabies vaccine if he tried to bite out of fear or pain, but why in the world he gave him the injection for HW is beyond me. I'm assuming it was Proheart? can you tell me if thats what it was? Like I said I haven't worked in a few months but last I new Proheart had been recalled.I would definetly check into it. I also read your post about your son and again very sorry to hear and do what you can to help him. Hed might not appreciate it now but I'm sure he will when he feels better.
    My SO also suffers from bipolar and we are having trouble finding someone to treat him properly so I know how you feel.He can get pretty nasty sometimes. Well starting to get a little long so remember you have alot of support here!

Sherri