Leg and feet pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simplyhurting, Mar 17, 2007.

1. simplyhurting

simplyhurting New Member

Does anyone have wicked leg pain and feet that swell and hurt so bad that it's awful just to walk a short distance? The muscles or tendons in the leg, currently the right one, feels is intense, especially when i get up either from bed or from a sitting position. It is also extremely painful when I stand on it even for a short while. How do you cope with it. Ibuprofen does not even take the edge off.
  2. crazygranny

crazygranny New Member

Yes, my legs hurt something awful and I can't stand on them for very long.My feet burns and tingles something fierce at night.My dr. put me on 600mg.of neurotin,which helps some.I hope you get some help soon as it gets very uncomfortable.
  3. ridfibro

ridfibro New Member

Just wondering, do yours get hot as well. A lot of people that I have talked with said they get this pain and swelling but they get a hot sensation as well. Just wondering if you feel this as well.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Absolutely! I had to start using a cane last year because with my feet in such pain and a feeling of swelling, along with dizziness, I need something to help keep my balance.

When I stand I can't even be full upright for a couple of minutes.

I take norco and recently started lyrica - it's a different feeling now but if I try to do too much the pain overrules all the meds!

Take care
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I used to get that really bad. I don't know what I am doing differently? Maybe that is a "flare" thing? 3 years ago when we went on a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway (North Carolina) I was sooooo swollen and in pain. I don't know if it was from riding so much in the car? Never bothered me before. I had some minor bouts after that. I had to drink lots of water and elevate legs. Luckily Mom had lasix (water pills) with her.

(((((( feel better soon )))))
  6. monamea

monamea New Member

Good morning simplyhurting,

Please be very careful and have a dr. check you out. I say that because I have lymphedema and my legs are always swollen and hurting. Another thing to watch for is diabites. That's the first thing that hurts when your sugar is starting to go up. Lymphedema is not to be fooled around with, it is a very painful thing to go through, you have to have your legs wraped, massaged, or they put a thing on your leg that is connected to a machine that works the water up your leg. It's from some of your lymph glands that are blocked and they can't get rid of the water. It is very hard to walk with and requires special socks that you have to wear, they are hot, ugly, and tight. So please get checked by a dr.
  7. simplyhurting

simplyhurting New Member

Sometimes my feet get very hot. I figured that was because of the arthritis. Now, I'm not so sure
  8. simplyhurting

simplyhurting New Member

Thank you all for the information. I will definitely get checked and believe me, find I too do need a cane to walk and keep balance. Used to love walking, but no longer. Wish I could have some respite for just a little while at least.

Problem is definitely in the muscles and tendons. Had fasting sugar done and it was A-OK so know the problem is not diabetic neuropathy.

Peace and relief to all.