Leg and feet pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ropaul, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ropaul

ropaul New Member

Does anyone have problems with their legs and feet....I have pain in most parts of my body but lately I am having restless legs and numbness in my legs..feet and hands...my hands feel stiff and so do my feet..they also swell...it is driving me up the wall ...I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown....I have also gained weight in the last 2 months....can anyone help me......? I never feel good anymore...I never have a good day....in the mornings I feel like I am going to pass out...I don't think the drs no what to do with me anymore.........
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Have you been tested for Hypothyroidism? I have Hashimoto's disease and when it hit I had terrible puffines and swelling. I gained weight also. My hair became terrible and the outside third of my eyebrows almost completely disappeared.

It can strike at anytime and as we age, it's quite common.
    If you haven't been tested recently, I'd go again. Ask the Dr. to do more than the standard TSH though. Get the FT3 and 4's done.

I have restless legs as well with my FM.

Let me know how you're doing?

3. ropaul

ropaul New Member

Thank you so much for your information I am going to make an appointment with my dr..I hate going, seems like its a waste of time, but I will ask me dr about it...thank you for your help...I hope you feel better too..
  4. lca

lca New Member

Yes, this has been my main problem for the past several months. I have everything you mentioned except the swelling. The restless legs, numbness especially on the right side of my body driving me up the wall too. The leg numbness causes me to drag my leg a little walking to a point of thinking of getting a cane. Oh boy! Just not ready to do that. Also the feeling of going to pass out in the mornings, leaving me clutching on walls and counters.

I recently had an EEG, but as you can guess, results were perfectly normal. UGGGH. Doctor was looking for neuropathy and seizures. Have had thyroid checked in the past, also normal.

Add to this the feeling of an ice pick being jabbed into the hip joints. I'm so tired of having tests done when nothing is found. Maybe someone else here has some ideas.

We are about the same age living in the north, rainy and damp climate right now. Maybe that has something to do with it. I'm so sorry you're miserable, hope we can find an answer to this.
  5. ropaul

ropaul New Member

I know what you mean about the felling of an ice pick sticking you...I just told my husband that the other day..I was so hoping when the weather got warm I would feel better..no such luck...I am so depressed today...someone made a coment to me that hurt my feelings...I thought maybe my sugar was too high that maybe that's why I don't feel good and someone said well if you have dibetic than you will know what feeling bad is all about...like how I feel is not real....I know dibetics feel bad because my husband has it along with many other problems...I don't wish this on anyone but some days I wish they could feel our pain for one day....thank you for your time....
  6. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I certainly do have pain, sometimes the top of my feet feel like they have been crushed by a truck!!!!

Burning is also frequent and stiffness

My legs especially just above the ankles to my knees at the back very, very sore but then some days its all my leg and when you think of it its all your body really

take care and know you are not alone

angel hugs