Leg and Shoulder Pains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnitaLove, Oct 28, 2002.

1. AnitaLove

AnitaLove New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Fibrositis. I have suffered for a long time, not knowing what I had. Has anyone had any success with Massage Therapy and Vitamins? I take Ultram and Bextra, but little relief.
  2. AnitaLove

AnitaLove New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Fibrositis. I have suffered for a long time, not knowing what I had. Has anyone had any success with Massage Therapy and Vitamins? I take Ultram and Bextra, but little relief.
  3. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I truly believe in massages! They help me tremendously. However Ultram never even touched the pain. Never heard of Bextra. I take 7 prescriptions a day just to function...and then Norco for breakthru pain. I would talk to your Dr. and see if you can come up with a plan of action to tackle that pain. Good luck!
    Duff
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Anita, welcome to our world. Yes, I take supplements.

The first thing I started with was; 'Pro Energy', (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), most of us are deficient in mangesium, which helps heal our muscles.

I also take 'ZMA'(Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B-6) for sleep, no one seems to know why this helps with sleep, but it truly does, plus it is also wonderful for the FM pain too. Both of the above can be bought from Pro Health, just go to the 'Store' link and you can read all the benefits of supplements.

I also take vitamin E, C, B and I drink Ensure for a multi as they don't digest too well with me.

Massage theraphy seems to help a lot of us too.

Heat is great for the Fibro pain, I have a 'Wireless mattress heating pad' that is just wonderful for the morning stiffness and pain. It is just a gentle heat (not hot like a heading pad), they can be bought from Sear's and Penny's.

Hope this helps you a little, I know how it is to have this pain, mine has been down a lot since I started taking ZMA, which helps me sleep deeply and the Pro Energy.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl

PS. The only prescription drug I take is low dose Xanax in the evening to calm my 'racing' brain, then I take the ZMA, and a 3milligram of Melatonin before bed.

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]

[ advertisement ]