Leg Pain Below the Knees????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

I have developed terrible leg pain, burning, throbbing, achy feelings below the knees. I've had CFS/Fibro for almost 15 years and never experienced these crushing feeling in my legs until the last year.

When this happens, it feels as if my body goes weak and the life is draining from my body. I do not take anything for the pain except Motrin which helps for about an hour.

Just wondering if any of you have these feelings in your legs. The blood flow in my legs is excellent so that problem is ruled out. There are times when I wonder to myself if these different pains are coming from the muscles or are in the bones. Very frustrating.

DGP
  2. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Hayley, thanks for your info., yes, I do get regular massages for the trigger points. Actually, have been getting them for many, many years and they are truly helpful. However, just can't understand where all this achy pain is coming from, seems my condition gets worse as time goes on and I've done everything humanly possible and spent thousands and thousands of dollars trying to get better.

Guess what works for some just doesn't work for others. But, we must all keep trying to find relief. My experience with flares is the constant waxing and waning with the fatigue and leg pain which is what symptons I have most.

Thanks, DGP
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Dalphia:

sounds to me like MPS, because of the fact that you are have localized pain. You may be experiencing trigger points in your knees, thighs or even hips that is causing referred pain.

I have MPS and often experience pain from the knots in the connective muscle of my lower back. These trigger points when flaring hurt really bad and cause pain in other locations of the body.

Have you spoken with your doctor, I see a chiro to work out the knots with trigger point therapy and streching. Check out Haleycoles post and a website she recently posted on MPS.

Hope this was helpful.

Suz45
  4. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Sure appreciate everyone's input regarding my Post. Guess it is time for another Massage to break up these Trigger Points causing this radiating pain, and I have many at this time. Regards, DGP