Leg Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower1, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Empower1

Empower1 New Member

I have fibro and chronic fatigue

Also, unfortunately developed RSD after ankle surgery

Lately I have pain in my thighs, both front and back. The back feels like a rug burn. The front just ache

I am trying to determine if this is FMS or RSD - Doc doesn't seem to think it is RSD

When it started 2 weeks ago I felt very bad, like I had the flu

Any help would be appreciated
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

3. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I have leg pains mostly @ night but recently day, too. It's not my legs so much - but my knees.
    My mom has RLS & what I have doesn't seem like that but my Dr. wanted me to try Mirapex (not sure if that the right name), I was on it for about 4 mths with no relief.

The pain I have is hard to explain - maybe like itching on the inside, front & back. It keeps me up nights. I have used ice & heat. Cool helps better than heat, I move my legs so much at night that I don't sleep with DH when it is bad. What does help is Vicodin. I just have to time it right.

I'm not even sure this is FM pain but with this DD, who knows!
    Hope you find something that works for you!

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have a lot of leg aches, like to the bone, especially in my thighs and upper legs.. This seems to be so much worse when I have the head and sinus problems . Yes the flu like feeling. If it wasn't for leg pain and the darn sinus / ear problem I wouldn't be in so much misery..

Hope you get some help , as I cant but sure can relate. I still think we have some type of infection...

5. RO3

RO3 New Member

I can TOTALLY relate to the leg pain issue. I was diagnosed with fibro in 2000 and have dealt with many of the other typical symptoms, but the bone pain is new. I had a DEXA scan just to make sure I don't have thinning bones that would make bone fractures a possibility. I'm a runner - and the new pain is making that form of exercise very difficult -- impossible on many days.

Any insights into how to deal with this type of pain would be greatly appreciated. I'm particularly interested in approaches that don't involve prescription meds.

6. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I have leg pains at night that interfere with my sleep, they dont occur much during the day, after reading about restless leg syndrome i dont think thats it, my doc calls it neuralgia probably another think related to cfs/fibro. A lot of these different herpes infections like ebv, cmv, hhv6, chickenpox can affect nerves in strange ways especially us with dysfunctional immune systems. I have found both lyrica and neurontin successful.

7. Tizz

Tizz New Member

...can tell from a cat scan if it is truly RSD that you have; I don't know if your doctors have done that for you. RSD actually affects your bones...

RSD after ankle surgery is remarkably common, unfortunately. I hope you're in the very earliest (most "treatable") stage of it, and that your doctors are giving you plenty of meds for pain relief.