Leg Pin & Tingling in legs & feet anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Apr 21, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi all! Hope everyone had a great Easter! I got to spend time with my family & my husband's family. Wore me out!!!

I've been having such terrible pain on the outer side of my legs from my hips to my knees & pins & needles tinglig clear to my toes. Anyone else experience this & what do you do for it? My pain med. Ultram or Vicodin don't begin to touch it. Last night I almost had my husband take me to the ER but held out.

I tried to get an apt. with my doc but he is on vacation this week. The doc covering for him is on call emergencies only. Just my luck.

Any help will be appreciated..........Kathi
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Nerve pain, tingling, numbness, can be caused by many things. The first thing conventional doctors due is check for spinal problems, which are affecting the nerves.
    B-12 deficiences can also cause neural symptoms such as these.
    Unfortunately Fibro--all by itself can manifest these symptoms, too.
    You are right--Ultram and Vicodin are not the answer. Ultram afforded me no relief, and Vicodin made it just a tad bit less painful, but not significant enough. The solution I found was klonopin---and it has almost eradicated these symptoms. I believe there are others who have used neurontin.
    Best wishes,
    LL