Leg Shaking?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mymichelina, Aug 15, 2003.

1. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

O.K. Here is another worrisome syndrome I have and I wonder if you guys have it too. I am always shaking my legs when I am sitting down......fast....up down up down....I do not know if it considered restless leg syndrome because it is all day..I do not think it happens during my sleep. This constant uncontrollable at times...unconcious shaking of my legs is the only reason they are not huge from the lack of excercise in my life..So...am I alone? Crazy? Have another terrible disease? (Please no..this is bad enough!)
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hello!

I have the same issue. I have Always had this. At night during my *sleep*,I will wake up all twisted in sheets.
    I went to a sleep clinic and that was when my DR put me on Kolonpin. If that is to help not tap and shake legs,I have not noticed. I've been on it for 3 yrs.

When I make a controled effort to NOt shake my legs, you can Watch the whatever it is jump all over,kinda like Alien.

Peace,eZ
  3. healing

healing New Member

a lot of people do this and I used to, myself. I've always associated it with subliminal nervousness, anxiety, etc. It certainly was in my case. Perhaps actually getting some exercise (gentle, of course, like walking or swimming) will help you get rid of this by helping you burn up some of that unexpressed energy.

'course I could be wrong, but at least this approach is fairly cheap and noninvasive!
  4. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

I also have what I call leg bouncing when I am sitting. I don't even realize that I am doing it. When I am reminded about it, I have to conciously stop.

It happens at the table when I eat or when I'm sitting at the computer. It drives people nuts. I have no idea why this happens (it hasn't always) and I don't know how to stop it.

I thought I was the only one this happened to.
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

One of my friends does this - when we're sitting at lunch she is jiggling her legs constantly. She doesn't have FMS and I think for her it's just a nervous habit. I never said anything about it to her because I don't want her to feel self-conscious. I'm sure she knows she's doing it.

Annette2
  6. Caralissa

Caralissa New Member

I have aften thought it was from anxiety and being nervous, but it also happens when I'm relaxed, it's become more frequent lately. It has also become harder to stop on my own. Now my arms have started shaking, especialy when I'm using them, either resting up on elbow, or pushing a button with a finger even. I notice it can make my anxiety worse and I can't sit still. My head will sometimes jerk forward when I'm trying to stop my arms from moving. I told my doc if she could make this stop I would be so happy. I used to take ativan for anxiety and it didn't stop it. I also notice I can't stand or walk when my legs are doing this, they become very weak. I think I'll try the light exercise and hopefully that will help. Best of luck to you, Caralissa
  7. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

Thank you all for your replys!
  8. healing

healing New Member

In your case, the involuntary shaking, I would demand more tests to be sure something more isn't going on.