leg weakness and all over body tiredness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gumama, Mar 31, 2003.

1. gumama

gumama New Member

Hi

anyone here experience weakness in your legs.. some days it feels like my legs just won't hold me up.... and I feel very very tired...

also having muscle spasms in my feet and behind my knees... anywone else ????

Sandy
  2. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I have FM and leg weakness is a big part of my problem
  3. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

I have a horrible time with my legs, weak, wobly, pain, when there acting up really bad I would love to use the carts in the stores but can't let myself do that emotionally so I stay home till it passes. I go into flares with my legs, some days and weeks there horrible to walk on and other time there ok and functionable. Hope it helps to know your not alone on this one.

Cathy
  4. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Can totally relate to this. When they're bad, feels like they can't hold me up, when they're good I can run a mile. Weird. They've never actually let me down yet, so here's hoping..! ;)

Marcus
  5. kramlow

kramlow New Member

Have CFS and this is practically a daily occurrence for me, to one degree or another. Most days I experience overall muscle weakness and aches, and some days my legs are extra weak. But oddly enough, regular physical exercise has done wonders for me. Even though I do experience symptoms, I have found throughout the years I am much worse off, experiencing much more muscle weakness and aches, when I don't work out.
  6. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I take 2000 mg of magnesium malate every day and it seems to help the leg pain. I had been taking 1000 mg but recently upped it by 1000 mg. My rheaumy recommends 1000 mg three times a day.
  7. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Leg weaknes is by far my most disabling symptom. For the past several months I have been using two forearm crutches for support except for short distances around the house. About half the time I can't walk without them.

Jackie
  8. jofla

jofla New Member

suffer from leg weakness, Mine started about a year or so ago and now am unable to walk long distances. Somedays, my leg will give out on me and down I will go, it happened once when i was going down the stairs, how embarassing. Sometimes i will be walking and won't be able to feel my legs, i can feel my feet and feel like i am floating. My doc doesnt understand it, he is a non-believer in fibro. He is sending me to neurologist in May and if nothing comes of that he says he will chalk it up to being psychological, nice word for being a hypochondriac i guess. so once again I will be back to finding a doc who believes. It is so frustrating as i love to walk but i never know when my legs will give out on me. Good luck to you.

Jo
  9. mapessd

mapessd New Member

I really do know what you are talking about, as so many of us do . I was started showing slight weekness about 4 yrs ago and I was dx w/fibro 2 yrs ago . Now the pain has gotten so bad somtimes just standing my legs give out , some times its bad enought that when i walk i stager and sway like i'm drunk , I bounce off walls ect. I bet my neighbors and ppl at work wonder about me lol They say sit and rest your legs as much as possible ,what a joke So i over do it like yesterday just pushed myself a little to far and i'm paying for it today
    Just remember we all are in this togather
    Hugs
    Sue
  10. marecee58

marecee58 New Member

Yes, the leg pain is a real bummer and my knees are painful too. When I stand or walk for too long my feet and toes start stinging.
  11. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I had no idea anyone else had the tired, weak legs like I had. It is so good, or bad, to hear someone else has the same problems as I do. I have almost all 63 symptoms, but my legs are a terrible problem for me. I feel like I can barely stand up at times. I would like some treatment for it also. I take nuerotin, lortab, buspar, zanaflex, benedryl and klonipin. None of these help with the leg weakness. Let me know if you find out anything.