Leg Weakness symptom of FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Jul 25, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

I have been having severe leg weakness on and off over the past couple of months - is this a symptom of FM? I am just curious because I have had FM and CFIDS for years, and I only ever had leg pain, but not weakness. Any ideas?
    Should I have the doctor check this?
  2. colenmom

colenmom New Member

I'm new to this site but I thought I would let you know that you are not alone with the leg weakness. I have it,too. I feel as though I can barely stand up sometimes and my legs get real shaky. I have had FM for over 2 years.
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I also have leg weakness. And if I don't do a lot of walking, it only makes it worse - then they hurt like he**.

I also have Lyme Disease.
  4. twitcher

twitcher New Member

got the leg weakness. It's one of my most distressing symptoms.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I have CFS and also have extreme weakness in my leg
    muscles. Have to stop every couple of blocks or less
    My upper thighs hurt so badly I have to walk up stairs
    more slowly then I would like. Much discomfort.

The less I exercise, however, the worst it gets! (??)

No Boston Marathon for Me,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  6. Momofboyz

Momofboyz New Member

My legs have become so weak that I use a cane everywhere.
    This sucks!!!!!!!!!
    Deena
  7. achy

achy New Member

Got so bad Dr. sent me to Neurologist to check for MS. All tests negative.

I feel like I'm walking on somebody elses legs.....
    get it checked

achy
  8. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

I have leg weakness and leg pain really bad. Some days my legs are so weak i can barely move around.

Many people with fibromyalgia have had this happen to them.
    So sorry your legs are weak, hang in there sweetie, i wish you the best. Tammy
  9. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

Have been for months. They wobble and feel like they are going to go out on me.
    But doctors say EMG tests are negative..therefore I have nothing. All in my head.

The insane American doctor attitude to people with fibro and similar body pain....it's all in our head.

Someday they are going to look at this treatment of us as barbaric and cruel and an injustice. Which it is.
  10. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

I have leg weakness and now use a cane. It turns out that it was caused by neuropathy which I will start treatment for next week. It paid off for me to go to a neurologist to have this checked out.
  11. Pyranha

Pyranha New Member

I injured my left sciatica a couple of years ago.
    I sometimes experience leg or foot numbness still, but
    usually after being in a cramped position. A few times
    when I was on Paxil, I felt more numbness and and couldn't feel my leg when I stood up. I went off that med fast as it was a side effect of that med. I believe chiropractric sp? adjustments will help me a lot...I mean, I know they will. Still things like that need to be checked. I just tested negative for MS. Big relief and cured a lot of my anxiety.
  12. jarjar

jarjar New Member

You guys are describing classic lyme symptoms. Please think about getting an Igenex Western blot test for lyme.

My first appt with my lyme doc I talked to a guy in the waiting room. He said a year ago he walked in into this office with a cane. That day he was walking just fine by himself.

Dont just settle for a cfs or fm diagnosis for years and years like I did. You can get better!

J