legs (calves) burning and cramping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by palogirl, Mar 3, 2007.

1. palogirl

palogirl New Member

Hi, does anyone have their calves burning and cramping from being very tight all the time and in constant pain? I can bearly stand and walk unsteady. Lying down doesn't help relieve the pain. thanks for you reply or suggestions.
  2. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

I've had the exact same problem for the last few weeks and signed on tonight hoping someone would have some suggestions. It's so painful. I've tried sports creams and elavating my legs, but it doesn't help.

Now it's waking me up in the middle of the night. Jackie
  3. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

usually magnesium is needed to allow muscles to properly contract and relax. do you guys take a mag supplement? just a thought.
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi,

I get this in my shoulders and my neck and head then gets very tight and spasms up. The only thing that helps is a good massage and/or Valium. Do try the Masgnesium with Malic Acid though - it may help and is a natural supplement.

Love Bunchy x
  5. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

but for some reason, is has flared up really bad. I'm on my feet a lot at work and I love my evening walks, but I haven't been able to walk very far lately. I feel like I've been hit in the back of my legs with a board.
  6. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

anything with creatine? creatine can sometimes cause cramping.

also - are you maybe dehydrated? maybe try drinking some mineral water and also try some smart water (it has electrolytes)... even if you do not feel thirsty or dehydrated maybe your body is....?
  7. blkkat

blkkat New Member

i take clonazepam at nite for the cramping and it also helps w/ sleep. i also take neurontin that helps alot for the burning,stabbing,tingling& buzzing cold PAIN!!! plus other pain meds. GOD BLESS , hope this helps -BLKKAT