Legs hips unbearable ACHE. Gyno appt. caused?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, May 18, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

It's not pain....not sharp or stabbing. It's a deep STRONG ache in my legs and outer hips. Feels like the bone, but it's muscular. Walking and standing is just about unbearable. Even sitting hurts!!

This has been going on for over three weeks and I just realised it started a day or two after my gyno appt. My hips were really hurting that day and the weather was awful. I was in stirrups a long time...was having problems.

I take oxycodone and it's just taking the edge off. Flexeril does help, but it puts me to sleep, so I sleep all day and then the rest of me hurts from not moving!!!

I can't win. Any body else have this happen?? I have a pool, but it's not warm enough yet.

HeLp...
    achy

To make matters worse, hubby has been away for two weeks and coming home tonight....I can't bear the thought of sex.
    lol lol lol poor guy.
  2. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

HI Achy,
    I am going thru the same thing right now. It has been almost a month now and I am at my wits end.

I beleive it started after my Gallbladder surgery a little over a month ago.

I take Ultam but it just takes the edge off and doesn't last long.

I can't wait till it gets warm enough to get in the pool...it does help me.

I use the heating pad and rest when I can. I try to move as much as possible even if it is in the house. I am so afriad of falling...my balance is off also.

I hope we both get releif pretty soon.
    Take care and feel better soon.

Lillyrose
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

im so sorry you are in such terrible pain i really feel for you my darling.
    I have 40 illnesses including me,cfs,fms,ibs,myofacial pain syndrome,restless leg syndrome,bi polar,severe depression,post traumatic stress syndrome,blurred vision,migraines & the list goes on.
    Ive always had terrible pain in my whole body i was dx 10 years ago & as soon as i try to get up im screaming because im in crippling agony.
    My whole body hurts so much i pray every day for all of us on here morning & night im telling you this so you know youre not alone achy & you are in my prayers every day twice a day.
    Im always here for you if you need a friend or you want to rant im here for you all the time day or night dont you forget that ok?
    i know how hard it is being in crippling pain its so awful.
    Please keep in touch.
    I use hot water bottles & my heat pack they dont take the pain away but i fel better with them keeping me warm.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady.
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

i forgot to tell you good luck with your giny apt ok my love?
    Your in my prayers all the time ok huni?
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I get that same pain alot!
    almost always~
    But it has acually increased after a pap or internal gyno exam. I have no idea why. Other than maybe the pelvic organs being attached to certain bands of muscles that may get moved or just irratated when you have gyno exams.
    Its all connected.
    I DO have gyno problems (Endo) so I always thought it was just me who felt worse after appointments with gyno.
    I'll have to try rubbing that upper leg muscle joint,...cause I was focused more on the outter hip area.
    No wonder nothing has ever helped me :)
    Best of luck to you,
    I hope it eases for you soon
    Hugs
    Tandy
  6. achy

achy New Member

The pain is a little better, I'm still limping a bit though.

I have found that bio freeze or the new O24 rub helps a bit - and yes, I do apply at the joint..that was great info.

Also, the pool is warmer and I've been able to get in it a few times. Heaven!!!

I have to go to gyno again and I'm dreading it....not the exam, but the hip pain afterwards!! I have to have a endo biopsy and ultrasound...scared to death.......

warm fuzzies
    achy
  7. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

A while back, I had to go to the Gyno quite a few times within a month. The first time I went my hips, like yours, were hurting sooo bad for about a week after. The next time I went I told her what happened. She said that it was because a lot of people with Fibro hurt there anyhow, that when you have your legs spread like that for a long period of time, it puts undue stess on your outter hips.

From then on, she was so gentle with me. She also advised me to take a pain pill 1 hour before I went to see her. It really helped.
  8. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i have the same problem....only difference is when i walk all my body hurts from the hip joint to even my feet...feels like they are locked and dont want to move... my hip has spasms when i walk. but when i sit or lay nothing hurts. but let me get up on my feet...kills me

would someone tell me what they think my problem is...i think it is arthritis i dont know

thanks shirley
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I ended up with these symptoms after doing some "simple" weeding in the garden (something I don't normally do). Ended up at the chiropractor, who adjusted me (not cracking), as I was way out of line.

Then I searched for a homeopathic back/hip remedy, as mine has localized in that one hip & lower back.

For sharp, piercing, nerve-like pain, I use Hypericum 30C

For deep aching pain, I use Rhus Tox 30C or Magnesia Phos 30C.

I also wear a tight back brace, and alternate ice & a hot water bottle.

My chirop told me anytime we use muscles not normally used regularily, we're set up for this type of reaction.

Great!! Avoid everything?? Grrrrrrrr

Hope you get some relief soon.........

LIGHT*********carole