legs hurt so bad!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ourlife, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ourlife

ourlife New Member

for the past few days my legs feel like they have been beaten with a sledge hammer. They hurt so bad all the way from my lower back to my ankles. My muscle twitches have come back.
    anybody else feel this way?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I too have been the sledge hammer effect. Sometimes I wish I could blow them off with a shot gun! My muscle twitches have also returned,but I did over do yesterday.

Have you tried sitting in a warm bath? muscle relaxers?

hope you get some releif.
  3. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Yes, since my symptoms first ocurred back in 1995. But it is better now. I could barely walk for a while. WHen I don't sleep good that is the first thing that really hurts. I can't stand in one position, like in a checkout line or doing dishes. I can't walk a fairly good distance as long as I keep up a good pace. The worst thing is lack of sleep. Even two hours less than normal. Very strange. I take HGH and that does help. It is strange becuase my legs are the best part of my body, muscle wise, not an ounce of fat and pure muscles. I guess the rest of me puts weight on them. I just moved into a 3 story home a few months ago and rarely go up to my office which I love which is on the third floor. Such a waste but I love big old houses.

What helps the most is of course sleep, but then deep tissue massage. Now some people can't take deep tissue. I hurt the day after but the next day I feel a lot better. Also in the winter I go to a tanning bed and the heat from it seems to take away some of the ache.

I get muslce twitches(RLS) if I take my pain killers to early in the day and they wear off, but if I take them too close to bed I won't sleep. Drives me insane. Don't know about you but the bottom of my feet hurt a lot also. Very senstive. I was wondering if it was lymph nodes because under my arms they are always swollen and my neck front and back are swollen when I go into a flare or it is humid out.

I sometimes sit and watch TV with a ice back on my very lower back and that seems to help, I guess by reducing inflamtion and blocking some of the pain????? We all feel for you.
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I have all kinds of leg and low back pain too. I've found pain sprays help. You can get them online. Also, Biofreeze comes in a roll-on now which is nice because you don't have to wash your hands every time you use it. And Lidocaine patches work for me. I have to tape them on with medical tape. Those are Rx only.

tee

[This Message was Edited on 07/13/2009]
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I too hve the severe legs aches/cramps. It seems to radiate up and down my legs, then they will get sore and stiff. It is very uncomfortable feeling and at times unbearable. Sometimes I sit in a tub of water as hot as I can stand it witha whole bad og epsom salts and it helps to take that ache out for awhile.

Wehen they are really bad, I just take a muscle relaxant and a pain killer and lay down until they ease up .

Kriket
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've been getting severe deep thigh, buttocks and leg pain lately. I'm going to attempt to get a new bed and see if that helps. My lower back hurts, too. It's like a whole thing, lower back, hips, buttocks, thighs all killing me. It's a combo of Lyme arthritis and I really think I need a new mattress.
  7. jen_miester27

jen_miester27 New Member

i have the horrible ankle and calf pain in the legs as well. it drives me crazy...the dr has given me darvocet for it. it helps somewhat...till it wears off...then the pain begins as well. it does get worse when i stand for a long period of time...or go to the grocery store or something. i rub biofreeze on them as well...that only lasts for a short time. ohhh its so painful. in fact that is my problem tonight, im layin here waitin for the pain to go away so i can sleep...

thanks for listening...
  8. pofolks

pofolks New Member

When I sit my legs begin to pound, feels like the bones are being smashed, the long bones from knee to ankle. If I'm busy I don't feel them, only when relaxing.

Add to this, anybody else have this? My arms! Good grief, please cut them off. Pounding pain, aches, sharp jabs. They get so tired while hanging out clothes or bringing clothes in off the line. Anybody know what this is about?
  9. pofolks

pofolks New Member

What is this, a sleep aid? I agree that with little sleep pain is so much worse. I take nothing for FM because only meds have side effect of weight gain. I'm already way way overweight and am sure my body can't take much more, nor my poor poor legs and back!
  10. GALynn

GALynn New Member

I thought I was the only one. My legs and feet hurt so bad. Nothing so far is really helping except the pain meds ( until they wear off) and a capscian cream rub. I tried soaking my feet in hot water and epsom salts and that seemed to help some.

Sorry you're going through this. Believe me I understand.
  11. momof27

momof27 New Member

leg pains are at night it feels like it might be an artery it scares me , anyone else???
  12. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

too--mostly the left leg and foot/ankle. I had alot of sprained ankles so I also contributed the pain to that.

here lately my left foot where the toes attach has been really sore too--I did try some magneiusm and it did help a bit.

one of my problems is knowing when is the best time to take my asst of meds & vitamins.

alot of times my left leg & foot hurt when my back is out--even if its not hurting
  13. greatgran

greatgran Member

I think I have posted on this before but my legs ache , like to the bone ache. Mainly my hips thighs and to the knees, I do have leg aches below the knees but it is so much worse above the knee. If I have been out and had to walk, they do not hurt while walking (which I do very little) but it is afterwards that the aches began , also standing causes them to ache and sometimes they ache so bad when I haven't anything.

I don't have an answer but sure can relate , I have to go lie down and rest sometimes it takes days for it to ease up, only to return.. They seem to be getting worse and I don't know what to take for the pain. I have been taking Aleve and xanax which takes the edge off.

Guess its just part of cfs or fm, my doc doesn't seem concerned, which is nothing unusal..

God Bless,
    gg