Legs Jump

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

At night, if I take Effexor xr and valium (very low dose) my legs actually come up right off the mattress

This is so wierd

Anyone have their legs "jump up off the mattress?"
  2. feefee920

feefee920 New Member

I never thought of it being the medication. I take Effexor XR and I find that most of the time...not all of the time...that when I'm lying on my stomach in bed, my legs from the knee down come up off the mattress and go back down. It's involuntary or either a subconscious need to make them do it. Thank you for this post because I was wondering why this was happening and now I have a pretty good idea.

3. Empower

Empower New Member

Do you mind me asking how much you take?
  4. chris350

chris350 New Member

I have restless Leg syndrome and take 4mg of Klonipin at night to sleep. I was worried I was addicted to it b/c I can not sleep if I don't take the medicine. My legs will jerk and twitch all night. But my dr. assured me that if I had a problem and the medicine fixed the problem that addiction was not the result.

Hope this helps.

5. feefee920

feefee920 New Member

I take 225 mg. per day of Effexor XR. One 150 mg. capsule and one 75 mg. capsule. I take them both in the morning. At first I was supposed to take one in the morning and one in the evening but I could never remember to take the second dose so my doctor told me to just take them both in the morning.

6. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks to fee fee too

I take 37.5 and to me that is alot
  7. carolannwestern

carolannwestern New Member

I also have restless leg syndrome. I take requip 10mg at bedtime and i also take elavil 50 mg. at bedtime. I have my whole body jurk and jump. It drives me crazy. The more stressed and exausted the more I jurk.