Legs so stiff

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassypinklee, May 8, 2006.

1. sassypinklee

sassypinklee New Member

Hi everyone I havent been here for a while. Recently my legs went so stiff i couldnt walk. I was really scared. I have had fybro for about 5 years and this was the worst. I was wondering what i can do when this happens. If there is any information i would apprate it. I moved so iam getting to know a new doctor and thats not always easy. Anyways thanks for listening.
  2. gladone

gladone New Member

Hi Sassy,

I don't know how active you are but you could try just doing some light stretching. Very basic stuff, just try to get the blood flow back to the area. Even just moving them in place to warm them up could help.

I find that this helps me even when I am having the worts pain and stiffness.

It can't hurt to at least try....remember to start slow and find your comfort area.

Thinking of you,
    Gladone
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Hi, a heating pad does wonders for me when I get like this. I also have some light weight longjohns I wear under some loose fitting clothes. This keeps my legs warm and they move better with less ache.

Another help is to rub a topical into your leg pain points before you put on the longjohns. The warmth with the cream is very beneficial.

I also will do some very light leg stretching while laying in my recliner. Exercising can set off a flare for me so this is truly gentle stretching which I learned from physical therapy.

I also have a cane that I use when I am to stiff to walk. It really helps.
  4. sassypinklee

sassypinklee New Member

Hi there I try to exercises as much as possable I do alot of walking. I also have this cream for my aches i use at night. I have an old heating pad that i use and the weather where I live has been changeing alot so I know that effects me. Thank you both for the suggetions I really love the support I get here.