legs start tingling when i sit - what's going on?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bamboo, Aug 18, 2003.

1. bamboo

bamboo New Member

for about the last 3 weeks, i've noticed that my legs start tingling after i sit down for 5 minutes or more. sooner or later, one usually "goes to sleep". since this is a new experience, i am wondering if anyone has any idea why this might be happening - i am a bit worried about this.
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I have this problem when I sit in someone else's chair. The unfamiliarity of any seat seems to cut off circulation for me. I was at the doc's office the other day and by the time she came in I was in so much pain from "teetering" on the table I was in tears.

I'm sure you will hear more responses on this.
  3. bamboo

bamboo New Member

i haven't noticed my feet turning red or blue, but i'll start paying attention to that. it seems odd that this started right out of nowhere. does anyone have any idea what could cause this or suggestions as to what i should do about it? i'll certainly appreciate any thoughts on this.
  4. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

Count me in. My foot also falls asleep sometimes when I drive. That's always fun. ;~)

I have ongoing daily problems with the right side of my body from neck to foot. Have had a nerve conduction test (the painful kind with needles) from foot to lower back & the nerves look ok. Have yet to be given a solution by a dr. What are you folks doing for relief? I've got ice packs, heated rice socks, do stretches, exercise (walking on a small trampoline + some strength stuff), & take NSAIDS. If these help at all, it's temporary.

Interested in hearing other solutions!

Oh, and yes, I do drink plenty of water.[This Message was Edited on 08/19/2003]
  5. bamboo

bamboo New Member

thanks, guys, for your responses. i just resumed an exercise routine during august after having laid low for months due to rib pain. i have been walking and riding the stationary bicycle. i am also being more diligent about taking all of my supplements. it seems ironic that the tingling started once i was able to get back to a routine of care. i am thinking of stopping the supplements, one at a time, to see if any of them are contributing to the problem - with this illness, i never know what weird effect anything may produce!
    i continue to drink lots of water. can't think of anything else more specific, except that i am careful to not sit ON my feet or with my legs crossed. hopefully, we'll get more responses, hence more input on this.
    julia
  6. Jinx69

Jinx69 New Member

Hi!

Have you ever suffered a lower back injury?

I did years ago, and now that I am more active, I have the same problem after sitting. Perhaps you have some subluxation of some vertebrae in your lower spine.

For me, I try slow, stretching exercises. I have had some good massages that have helped, also.

Good luck!

Hugs,
    Jinx
  7. RedB

RedB New Member

totally disappear when I lay on my back on the couch. They start with tingling, and then fall asleep. It's not the "normal" falling asleep, though, because the minute I move them again, they come back to normal. There are none of the aching "pins and needles" thing when your circulation is coming back.

Kathy
  8. bamboo

bamboo New Member