legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatbarrier, Mar 8, 2007.

1. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi there please could some one answer this :
    my legs and feet go numb, tingle hurt ice cold like ice in the viens and it hurt real bad anyone else get this?????? numbing etc in the hands also??????????? thank you blessings Lynne
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I havee mentioned this to my PCP, the Neuro, and at the sleep clinic ... it fell on deaf ears I guess.
  3. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

shalala, hi there. what so you do for it -- and do you get scared it might be ms??????
  4. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

I just posted about this in another thread.....I have numbness and burning/tingling in both hands and legs. My Dr. ran and EMG just to make sure that nothing was wrong....they told me no damage to the nerves.....must be the fibro.
  5. Fransmom

Fransmom New Member

Nerve pain, numbness and tingling in my hands and arms was one of my first symptoms. Thought I had carpal tunnel, but my neurology test (cant remember name) came back in the normal range. Didn't stop the numbness and tingling, though! That was a year and a half ago. Just diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which helps explain it. Fibro is associated with numbness and tingling in hands, feet legs, etc. I only get a bit of leg tingling...mostly in arms, etc. Last week the pain in one arm was so bad I couldn't sleep. Only thing that worked was a heating pad on it all night. In the morning it was bearable. I don't know what medications you can take for this kind of thing, but I'd tell your doctor and see if there's something for it. My sister had neck surgery on a tumor in her spine a couple of years ago and she takes two meds to deal with the nerve pain, etc.
  6. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi guys,
    do you get the ice cold pain running through your legs?? I have to were fluffy socks, blanket and a hot water bottle placed on my legs when they get really bad. dor!! when I go out I need to take these items with me so I am not uncomfortable pain!! feel like a dork doing it but it bets the pain...
    I must say this is so good talking to you all. cheers Lynne (ME)
  7. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

I had numb and tingling spots behind both ankles.... on the crown of my head, and on a shoulder blade on my back, lasted for a long while..... As the doctor suspected very much that I had FM, and CFS, he started me on some meds, one being Cymbalta, the numbness in all the places have stopped, so I can only guess that the Cymbalta had to have done something????

I still get tingle spots, but no numbess any more, and my feet and hands still turn ice cold! brrrrrrr, electric blanket and heating pad, and some warm socks usually fix me right up :)
  8. bttaylor

bttaylor New Member

I found this on another site and who ever wrote this didn't have a reason why this worked but it did work for me to stop my achy legs.

Mix together and drink twice a day:

4 oz. club soda
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 tsp baking soda

Maybe it draws out the lactic acid?? I really have no clue but if anyone else has heard of this and why it works I would be glad to know. My Doctor said the leg aches should stop after the iron pill I am taking kicks in (found out I was anemic as well) I have been taking the iron pill two months now and she says it may take 3-4 to work. My doctor did not give me any idea why this drink might help.
    Beth

9. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

I have extreme aching in my legs also, and was anemic for years, I am no longer anemic (as of about a month ago)... and still have bad leg pains, my hope is that your doctor is right about your pain stopping, but mine didn't :(

10. blkkat

blkkat New Member

YES I ALSO LIVE IN THE LAND OF ICE,ICE AND ITS NOT BABY!!!I LIVE IN A PLACE CALLED (((HELL)))) ITS LIKE WALKING ON ICE BAREFOOT AND CANT GET OFF! THEY ARE NUMB BUT HURT SOOO BAD. TINGLE, BUZZ, SHARP STABBING WONDERFUL PAIN. IVE HAD ALL THE TESTS/ EMGS/MRIS/SCANS SORRY WE DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG HAVE YOU SEEN A SHRINK YET ,THEY SAY. YES TWICE, BOTH SAY NO YOUR NOT CRAZY ,JUST IN SEVERE PAIN! YA THINK? I DONT LIKE DR SORRY!!!! BUT NEURONTIN HAS HELPED W/TINGING SOME, MY ASK DR. TAKE CARE SORRY I VENTED ON YOU! GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  11. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi there Blkka, oh well, will just have to wrap them up in nice fuffly sox and blankets and legs warmers and have sets every where, so I don't leave home with out them. I wont bother with the Doc, or I will take my hubby with me so that the Doc just don't wipe me over.( I am nutty anyway and nobody knows how to handle me ) not in a scrwed up way. I have this amazing humor I don't know what I would do with out it or my Faith..so it is cold frozen legs and feet for winter yummy !!!!!! keep marching on people blessing Me ( lynne)
  12. shep

shep New Member

My legs ache and throb and stay cold all the time; no matter what the season.
    I am diabetic and some of the pain is from neuthropy; but the coldness is not. Neurontin has helped with the tingling; but it's side effect is being tired all the time.
    My body temperature is always below normal and my doctor says that is the reason for they are cold.
    No matter how many socks or blankets I use they will not get warm..as there is no body heat to hold in.
    The only way I can stop the pain is to sit in hot water several times a day and get them warm. After my hot soak I apply lots of lotion or body oil on them and that helps close the pores and keep the heat in. I also wear tigh fitting stretch pants or thermal underwear "longjohns".
    While my hips and legs and feet are like ice, my head is so hot. I sweat so bad, my hair is constantly wet and wearing any makeup is out of the question.
    As for the aching and pain..I have tried Requip and several other medications for restless legs to no avail. I think they hurt so bad I can't be still and don't acutally have restless legs syndrome at all.
    My legs swell according to what ever the barometric pressure is. I don't know what the fluid consist of..as it comes on it's own accord and leaves 'when it gets ready" Fluid pills will not remove it either.
    This is an "Oddity" ..sometimes after a really bad episode of swelling and hurting that last several days; I will have a really bad episode of diarrhea and all the fluid will leave and my legs will not hurt for a while. It is as though the body is purging itself of whatever is making my legs swell and hurt. My chiropracter says it is latic acid. My regular doctor says she doesn't know what it is or what to do for it.
    I have found a unit called an Acqua Pump. It is a device that is filled with water. It has "boots" that is hooked to the pump via a hose. You put the boots on your feet and turn the unit on and it pumps the warm water through the boots and they heat your feet and massage them. It helps some but trying to sit still long enough to use it is torture for me as my feet are hurting and I want to get up and walk. This Aqua Pump also comes with a "bladder" which is a large Pilow type thing that you use the same way except it is used on the sholder and neck and back area. I really enjoy it. This unit must be ordered by a doctor and Medicare pays for it.
    Love and prayers for all of you,
    Shep
  13. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi shep, thanks for that. i will look around and ask about the boots - I am in New Zealand and they may not be here yet. i guess I just have to accept that this is my part of Fibro and roll with it.
    it is good to hear all your answers as it stops me thinking iam going bananas ---- will have to desgin a outfit for the fibro legs hahahaha... thanks agian lov eand blessings ME (lynne)
  14. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Until I gave up artificial sweetners. After two weeks of no splenda or aspartame, the numbness went away.

Please if you eat anything with artificial sweetners, GIVE THEM UP!!! It's very important for your health.

15. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi mollystwin what about sucaryl???????
  16. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hi there,
    The only sweetners I can tolerate are xylitol and stevia.
    But I've never heard of sucaryl, so I don't think I've tried it.