Lemon for digestion - fresh or bottled?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Oct 11, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've read the posts about lemon helping with digestion problems. Does it need to be fresh lemons or is the bottled Minutemaid stuff okay? How about the little plastic lemons? I plan to add aloe vera juice also for the colon benefits.
    Katy
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and I have wondered the same thing. Can it be bottled lemon juice in water or does it have to be fresh?

Thanks for asking this! I hope we get some response.

Sue
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I buy the fresh lemons (3 for 99c) and cut off a slice, squeeze into the glass of filtered water and drop the slice into my drink.

I've been doing this for a few months now.

Cindy
  4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

so much better for you! Love Shelbo
    You might add a bit of ginger too for your digestion...lemon and ginger work well in combination on the digestion.
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I appreciate your input. I will get some the next time I go shopping.

To your health! (-:
    Sue
  6. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I would only recommend fresh...all the bottled juices I've seen contain sulfites. If I don't have organic, I spray the lemon with a mixture of 3% hydrogen peroxide and a natural soap to help break down any chemicals on the peel before cutting.

Jan
  7. teacher

teacher New Member

has frozen juice. No squeezing when hands are stiff! Just thaw bottle in fridge and use as would fresh juice from lemon.

teacher
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I see on my bottle of RealLemon that it does contain sulfites. What do sulfites do to you?

Katy
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Teacher,

Thanks for the suggestion on the frozen Minute Maid. I just found it at my regular Safeway next to the regular frozen lemonade. It is "Minute Maid Premium 100% pure Lemon Juice" and it has no preservatives or additives. So no sulfites!

It comes in a box but inside the box is a bottle with an easy pour top. It cost $2.29 and is 7.5 oz. The box says it equals the juice of 7 lemons. That works out to $.33 per lemon if you bought them fresh. Fresh lemons at Safeway were $.79 each. The box says it keeps in the refrigerator for 8 weeks!

Fresh lemons sound wonderful, but I don't have enough room on my countertop! I like the ease of it being already squeezed for me.

Thanks for the tip!

Katy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2005]
  10. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I think they work the same... they're nice for the variety and a little less sour, to me. And they look so pretty on the counter. :)