Lemon Juice Diuretic???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmcdelaney, Nov 7, 2006.

1. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

My massage guru recommended that I drink lemon juice in warm water as a mild liver cleanse. Just curious if anyone else has done this and if they noticed it had a diuretic effect. If I drink this, I pee all day and my pants drop a full size in a couple days.

Joann
  2. tinktink

tinktink New Member

Hi Joann,

I don't know if it is one but I am glad to know it is a mild liver cleanse.... I like lemon juice water. Thanks for the post.

Best Wishes Diana
  3. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I saw a Naturopath awhile ago and she recommended drinking 3 TBSPS Lemon juice/day in water. Said the Natives used to do this in the winter when all they had to eat was meat. I don't notice a difference with anything, as I have too many issues to deal with at this time. Take Care Laura
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

maybe count yourself as lucky if it happens, must mean something good I'd think?

all the best,
    Victoria

5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I drink it. The juice of one lemon in a cup of hot water, every morning. It is a great cleanser. I didn't know it was good for the liver, but it IS good for the bowel. My Naturopath told me to drink it.
  6. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I had been drinking lemon juice in water. I used to put a couple of drops in every glass I drank because I was told that it helps the body absorb the water i.e., improve hydration.

I did not find that it worked as a diuretic.

Then I was told that the lemon juice can also cause increased muscle pain and stiffness in some people. This is a side effect to just watch out for. It may not happen to you. However, if you do find that your muscle pains increase, the lemon juice might be the cause.
  7. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

No...not underweight...I was just right (5'4" 115lbs)until I started the cymblata...7 pounds in a week. Maybe I'll go drink another cup of lemon juice! ;)

Joann