LEMONADE STAND for Thursday 9/5/02

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by contessa, Sep 4, 2002.

1. contessa

contessa New Member

Thanks to everyone looking for something positive. Feel free to post your inspirations or things that keep you going (if even for a little while). Please - no negs here, we've got an entire forum available for everything that hurts, ails, mystifies us. (I'll check out the other site as well - I've just found that most of us seem to hang around this corner).

I love this, even though it was written about a solitary hike into nature it also seems to apply to my condition..

"At first I experienced mostly its strangeness. I remember the curious uneasiness I would feel, then, when I went any distance off the trails. It was not that I was lost. But the lay of the land was strange to me and when I cast myself loose in it, certain as I might be of where I was, I would begin to feel lost. Sometimes my return to the trail would partake somewhat of the nature of a retreat, the Unknown having surrounded me on three sides and begun to close in. (Wendell Berry - 'The Journey's End)

I'm thinking a lot of 9/11 today. Where and what it was like last year. I want to weep because nothing in my experience was so overwhelming, yet so enriching: because life comes with no guarantees I now try to find something each day to enjoy. Anyone else experience positive changes since 9/11?

Keep smiling - your friends will think you've over-medicated.
  2. contessa

contessa New Member

Thanks to everyone looking for something positive. Feel free to post your inspirations or things that keep you going (if even for a little while). Please - no negs here, we've got an entire forum available for everything that hurts, ails, mystifies us. (I'll check out the other site as well - I've just found that most of us seem to hang around this corner).

I love this, even though it was written about a solitary hike into nature it also seems to apply to my condition..

"At first I experienced mostly its strangeness. I remember the curious uneasiness I would feel, then, when I went any distance off the trails. It was not that I was lost. But the lay of the land was strange to me and when I cast myself loose in it, certain as I might be of where I was, I would begin to feel lost. Sometimes my return to the trail would partake somewhat of the nature of a retreat, the Unknown having surrounded me on three sides and begun to close in. (Wendell Berry - 'The Journey's End)

I'm thinking a lot of 9/11 today. Where and what it was like last year. I want to weep because nothing in my experience was so overwhelming, yet so enriching: because life comes with no guarantees I now try to find something each day to enjoy. Anyone else experience positive changes since 9/11?

Keep smiling - your friends will think you've over-medicated.