Lemonade Stand for Weds 9/04/02

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by contessa, Sep 4, 2002.

1. contessa

contessa New Member

I propose to post a daily thread where we can contribute something positive: a joke, inspiration, observation or goal. Please feel free to contribute - aim is to help lift some other persons spirit for the day!

Here's mine for today - this was written about John Muir among the Sierra mountains.. "It was only for exerting myself to the limits of my strength that I was able to keep near him. His example was at the time my inspiration and dispair. I longed for him to stop and rest,but would not have suggested it for the world. I would at least be game, and furnish no hint as to how tired I was, no matter how chokingly my heart thumped. Muir's spirit was in me, and my chief end, just then, was to win that peak with him..(from the The Wild Muir - Yosemite Association)

Back before John Muir founded the Sierra Club and the helped organize both the National Park system and Yosemite, he spent his boyhood a few miles from my Wisconsin home. Things were certainly different in 1860 than today, but our area is still pretty much under-developed. And Muir's old haunts are still available. Twice each week, I painfully climb the rocky trails, slowly, breathless and aching, to the top of Wolf Hill. The hillside is covered in Red Cedar trees and its flat grassy mesa offers a wonderful view of sky and distant marshes. Today my friend Fred's family own Muir's boyhood climbing hill. At the peak, if I'm lucky I'll find my horse. If not, well I'm damn tired and disappointed, but meeting the challenge and savoring the view made it worthwhile. Muir's spirit is also within me.
  2. contessa

contessa New Member

I propose to post a daily thread where we can contribute something positive: a joke, inspiration, observation or goal. Please feel free to contribute - aim is to help lift some other persons spirit for the day!

Here's mine for today - this was written about John Muir among the Sierra mountains.. "It was only for exerting myself to the limits of my strength that I was able to keep near him. His example was at the time my inspiration and dispair. I longed for him to stop and rest,but would not have suggested it for the world. I would at least be game, and furnish no hint as to how tired I was, no matter how chokingly my heart thumped. Muir's spirit was in me, and my chief end, just then, was to win that peak with him..(from the The Wild Muir - Yosemite Association)

Back before John Muir founded the Sierra Club and the helped organize both the National Park system and Yosemite, he spent his boyhood a few miles from my Wisconsin home. Things were certainly different in 1860 than today, but our area is still pretty much under-developed. And Muir's old haunts are still available. Twice each week, I painfully climb the rocky trails, slowly, breathless and aching, to the top of Wolf Hill. The hillside is covered in Red Cedar trees and its flat grassy mesa offers a wonderful view of sky and distant marshes. Today my friend Fred's family own Muir's boyhood climbing hill. At the peak, if I'm lucky I'll find my horse. If not, well I'm damn tired and disappointed, but meeting the challenge and savoring the view made it worthwhile. Muir's spirit is also within me.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

I heard a song the other day on the radio, and it talked about missing a friend or maybe his girlfriend, but the more I listened to it, I thought to myself, it is how I think about losing or missing, ME....

Here is just the chorus of the song by Darryl Worley..

I Miss My Friend

The One my Heart and Soul Confided in
    The One I felt the Safest with
    The One who knew just what to say,
    to make me laugh again..
    And let the light back in..
    I Miss My Friend..

I used to feel good about myself, with my spirits always high, I could always say something to someone to make them laugh, and sometimes I would do things to make myself laugh, now mostly I only cry...I don't have faith in things I do anymore, I don't feel safe with my feelings, or myself, sometimes this DD just gets the best of me, and I see no light at the end of the tunnel....sometimes, I just miss me...

Wildcat
  4. contessa

contessa New Member

remember me is always with you! I know it sounds trite when you're down but do something nice for yourself today - something you haven't done in a while - something silly from your childhood, or maybe just a bubblebath. Hope you find at least 10 minutes of gladness today!!
  5. SharonR

SharonR New Member

You know what , you are inspirational, the board needs more members like you!!!!
    Smiles
    SharonR