Lemons and Limes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jasminetee, Aug 22, 2008.

1. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

People in Chat told me to try adding fresh lemon juice to my water every morning to help my kidneys function better. I've been doing this and I also add lime juice too. It's tempting to add sugar but don't because that will defeat the purpose. I feel like it's calming my overactive bladder and helping my urinary tract as well.

Did you know that lemons and limes are actually alkalinizing to your body? It seems counterintuitive I know. Look it up though if you have a hard time believing this.

I use 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a lime and it also gives me much needed x-tra Vitamin C.

Thank you people in Chat. I'm sorry I don't remember who you are.

Oh yeah, don't do this within 4 hours of taking meds. Look up "fruit juice interfering with meds" if you haven't heard the latest about this.

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2008]
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

You know what I do, Tee? I add a scoop of Corvalen to my lime/lemon water and make it into lemonade. hee hee. It tastes pretty good, actually. I also like to use sparkling water sometimes.

3. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Lemons/Limes act as antaciptic in your intestines. If i backed up, i have a little warm water with lemon juice in the morning and i'm on my way!