Length of Flares

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChicagoEmerald, Dec 30, 2006.

1. ChicagoEmerald

ChicagoEmerald New Member

Fibro here, April will be 5th yr. Have been in pain since day 1 up to current. High pain flares at the beginning of this DD were much shorter in length. (Usually a few weeks or a month or 2 at most.) After a high pain flare was over I was still in pain, but less sever. (I consider a high pain flare a 7, 8, 9, or 10 on the pain scale.) As the yrs have gone by it seems that the length of my severe flares are increasing. I have been in a high pain flare for the past 11 months. Like most, I have been through the revolving door of different meds over and over again. Some meds work at first, then need the doses increased up to the point that my body becomes ammune to them, then we start all over again. Viscious circle.
    My question is how long do your high pain flares last? And, have the length of the high pain flares increase wth time?

Thanks in advance,
    Kristi
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My mom's FM symptoms have been getting better since she started enzyme therapy. Research Dr. William Wong N.D. and systemic enzymes.

My mom takes 6 tabs/day and is steadily improving!

What other things have you been trying? Perhaps you could fill in more on your treatment in your bio.