Lent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sparrowshell, Mar 5, 2006.

1. sparrowshell

sparrowshell New Member

Sorry, I didn't quite know where else to post this post. Well, the time of year has come upon us again - preceeding up to Easter. I was just wondering if anyone else here on the website is doing Lent? And perhaps, how to you manage with CFS? Any thoughts?
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

I am Catholic but I guess not the best practicing one. I don't go to church really but I do pray and remember all of the saint days and so forth.

I gave up sweets for lent this year:)
  3. sparrowshell

sparrowshell New Member

Good on you for at least giving it a try and giving up sweets this year for Lent. I am an Orthodox Christian, and our Lent is usually a little more strict: fasting from dairy, oil and meat incl. fish. In some regards it's not too much of a bother for me as I don't particularly like meat (although I eat it to make my family happy - so I don't get "sicker" as they tell me), and I don't eat or drink dairy. Nevertheless, I was just wondering if I were to do this strict Lenten fast, what the implications would be and if it would infact make me "sicker". I don't personally believe it will ... but I'm just being careful - with CFS, I don't want to have another major crash...
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I was taught that you can do something more instead of giving up somethings.

Mine is not as strict as yours but I am sure it would be okay maybe taking some time out for yourself like adding meditation or more prayer to your daily routine would be a good way for you to observe lent this year.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

~*Quote*~
    Nevertheless, I was just wondering if I were to do this strict Lenten fast, what the implications would be and if it would infact make me "sicker". I don't personally believe it will ... but I'm just being careful - with CFS, I don't want to have another major crash...
    I don't practice Lent, but just wanted to say, that you are the only person that truly knows your own body. If you feel that cutting out all the foods that you mentioned would be detromental to your health, then personally I would still include the said foods in your diet. Maybe just cut back on them, but don't do anything that is going to send you into a flare up, or make you feel worse.

Lisa
  6. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

What I will GIVE,
    I will give a sincere compliment to every person I come in contact with.

What I will GIVE UP,
    I will give up on trying to make my husband and 2 boys put the toilet seat down.

Cindy
  7. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I will give up,
    Never talk on my cell phone while driving unless I use my headset.

One more thing I will Give,
    I will make sure I give my family a hug and kiss every day and tell them how much I appreciate them.