Lerner's vitamin program

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Smurfette17, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

The last time I was at Dr. Lerner's office, he gave me a copy of the vitamin program he suggests for all his patients. I've been going there for almost 5 months and don't know why he just decided to tell me this now. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone follows it. It seems pretty basic, and not that different from what I already do now...

One centrum multivitamin
    1g Vit C
    200u Vit E
    0.5mg folic acid
    One baby aspirin
    50mg Vit B-6
    50mcg selenium
    800u Vit D
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi smurf...i see dr. lerner and take those vitamins (when i remember lol)

i cant say if they have helped or not....

3. ethermom

ethermom New Member

Hi, My son just started with Dr Lerner a month ago, has just had his workup and will start Valcyte soon. Yes, that is quite a list of vitamins; I was fortunate enough to run into a "buy one get one free" sale and able to get all but the Folic acid. Can't really comment on the benefits at this point, but can see the reason behind the B vitamins, since the Valcyte can cause anemia/blood disorders. Since it also has Gi side effects, I did make sure to get the 500 mg capsules of vit. C ( which can be a gastric irritant in large doses), so that he can take 2xday. We live in Michigan, so can easily see the reason behind the vit D for most of us in the winter! So many of us are vit D deficient in the northern climates.
  4. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

Thanks! His plan is already really close to what I do, which is why I was asking if anyone else followed it to the letter. I figured I'd stick to what I do already, bc it's so close. I don't the baby aspirin- what's that for?

I don't take any herbs for him to "forbid" but I do take fish oil and just recently started probiotics.

I also have frequent migraines and would love to take something natural for it (like petadolex) but I know now is not the time to start...

Yes, it is hard when another doctor tells you to take something! My PC doctor at home has suggested I take l-theanine for my sleep issues (I already take Ambien and Trazodone with moderate success), but I haven't taken the l-theanine yet bc I want to check it out with Lerner.

He hasn't helped much with sleeping. He gave me Restoril when I first went in in Sept-- it helped for about a month but then stopped. Then he told me to add Xanax, but I don't want to take Xanax. Honestly, I think my psychiatrist has been more helpful with the sleep issue.
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

has anyone tried tryptophan for sleep?