less pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by belper, Jun 14, 2006.

1. belper

belper New Member

I thought I would be living my life in constant pain and discomfort, but today is the first time I have felt the need to take my pain relief for 4 days, I still have problems sleeping but the pain has been at a level I could tolerate without the need to take my medication.

I quit my job in a large supermarket 38hrs a week after being offered a job in a office, ( I start 19th June )It's out of town so will mean travelling but I hope the benefit to my health will continue to be worth it.

I feel so happy I can't remember the last time I felt so positive about my future, I might get a bit more of my old life back.

2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm so glad you having some "good" days recently. When you're in the midst of a flare, it's always hard to imagine what it feels like without the pain or fatigue.

I was first diagnosed with fibro back in october of 2003, and have been pretty much pain-free for over a year. I haven't had to take any pain meds for over a year and a half. So, remission is definitely possible, but I don't think it had anything to do with my lifestyle, because I'm living the same way I was even with the pain. Now, if only my CFIDS would do the same thing. I've been in a bad CFIDS flare for a couple of months. The day before yesterday was a "good" day for me. I got some light cleaning done and spent the day outside by the pool with my son. I paid for it yesterday by feeling awful, but it's definitely worth it.

Just cherish the good days. Sometimes I tend to wonder, on the good days, when will my symptoms come back. So it leaves me feeling scared that the next day will be awful. But, I've learned to take every day in stride and really enjoy the fatigue-free and pain-free days.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim