let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by danisue22, Dec 30, 2002.

1. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi My name is Danisue, I am from Indiana. This is my 1st time to this board but it's the best one I've seen so far. I have Fibro, R A.,Osteoporisis.I've had 2 back surgeries in the past4 yrs. I had Bells Palsey and have recovered from th
    at with 95% recovery.I'm on alot of med and take Norco for the pain.
    I'm doing fairly well at this time .I have had RA since I was 25 and I'm 59 now.I found out I had FM in 1990 .I agree wholeheartedly that you must find your comfort zone and even if your moving as slow as a snail get up and do something.It's better than laying in bed with friends like the poor me brothers.LOL If all you can do is sit up then sit up and give yourself a pat on the back for that accomplishment.
    Well I thank you for letting me rattle on I'll be reading and also posting from time to time . Love & God Bless
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Welcome! I also live in Indiana. Where in Indy are you? I live in Carmel. I was diagnosed with FMS in 1998, so it's about 5 years now. It seems like my flares last longer and longer than they used to. My pain started in my hips, but has progressed to other parts of my body. I was just diagnosed last week with carpal tunnel syndrome. I work part-time and also take care of my house. I just do things more slowly than I used to. I also exercise - I walk on a treadmill. It helps to stretch my muscles and makes me feel better - physically and mentally. I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and am going back to work Jan. 2nd. I also take a bunch of meds, vitamins and supplements. You'll find that everyone here does different things to treat their FMS/CFS. You'll get a lot of good information and support. Nice to meet you!!!!

Annette2
  3. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Annette , I'm so happy to meet you .Although we live far a part .I live in Michigan City which is 60 miles North if Chicago. I live right on Lake Mich. I use to live in Indy back in the 70s. Boy was that a long time ago. I don't work but I am thinking of going to school on line maybe next month. Trying to get some of my life back. I have a very strong sales back ground, so I'm thinking of going to school to become a Financial Planner. Then I could work from my home and set my oun hours . We'll see how that goes.

I was told when I was 25 that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and then in 1990 they added the fibro.I guess those are the 2 biggedt things.I don't look sick but I certainly am..I don't do my own house work I have a caregiver that comes 2x aweek.I've given up driving for now but if I do get my degree then I'll have to have a car again.

Well it's been great to hear from you and so far I just love eveything I've read.I've already learned 2 things I did'nt know before. By Now God Bless
  4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

glad you found us! it is a great place to be.

cathy aka griswoldgirl