let's all just move to a colony or island and .........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindasue, Oct 2, 2002.

1. lindasue

lindasue New Member

WELL, I've come up with the solution, this morning at 4:20am! Can't sleep. Pain woke me up...again of course!! and decided to come here for a visit with my co-hearts!!!
    LET'S JUST POOL WHAT little $$$$ we have left.....if any...buy an island and move there. Somewhere warm, but not too hot, with beautiful clear blue (warm) water, a small, very small mountain we can work toward climbing, a rainbow in the sky every day, and peaceful, very, very peacful. Away from all the crap we have to put up with regarding the medical, insurance, and toxic comments. I'm not saying anything like a "leporsy" colony where no one will ever come and visit.....A place where we can be "who" we are.....not what this DD tells people we have become.....where we can love and help one another with the daily crap we have to go through..Oh, I think we will need a pharmacy..... :).....
    I know this sounds like I have totally gone off the deep end....I haven't, I just like to have some humor when I feel this bad....I used to be the "class clown" so to speak, and lately I can hardly muster up a smile at times. Just tears....
    And I'm the one that keeps telling people "Smile often and laugh much"........yada yada yada...
    Just a "Bit of fantasy" for the morning...
    Love you all, God's Blessings,
    and.........thanks for being here for me!
    linda

p.s. I just love these little icons.....they just give me the warmest chuckle.....
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2002]
  2. lindasue

lindasue New Member

WELL, I've come up with the solution, this morning at 4:20am! Can't sleep. Pain woke me up...again of course!! and decided to come here for a visit with my co-hearts!!!
    LET'S JUST POOL WHAT little $$$$ we have left.....if any...buy an island and move there. Somewhere warm, but not too hot, with beautiful clear blue (warm) water, a small, very small mountain we can work toward climbing, a rainbow in the sky every day, and peaceful, very, very peacful. Away from all the crap we have to put up with regarding the medical, insurance, and toxic comments. I'm not saying anything like a "leporsy" colony where no one will ever come and visit.....A place where we can be "who" we are.....not what this DD tells people we have become.....where we can love and help one another with the daily crap we have to go through..Oh, I think we will need a pharmacy..... :).....
    I know this sounds like I have totally gone off the deep end....I haven't, I just like to have some humor when I feel this bad....I used to be the "class clown" so to speak, and lately I can hardly muster up a smile at times. Just tears....
    And I'm the one that keeps telling people "Smile often and laugh much"........yada yada yada...
    Just a "Bit of fantasy" for the morning...
    Love you all, God's Blessings,
    and.........thanks for being here for me!
    linda

p.s. I just love these little icons.....they just give me the warmest chuckle.....
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2002]
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Well till we can find an Island, come on over to the chit chat board and have some fun with the Natives there.
    They will lift your Spirits and you will see that you are not alone with the ups and downs of these dd's.

I have the combo of FMS/MPS, and it's either cry or laugh, sometimes both.
    Do you know the way to the cc board?
    at the top of the board across the banner (?) it'll say message boards, click on that and a menu comes up, clock on chit chat, or any other board for that matter that may be of help to you.

Sincerely,
    kredca4/sharon

ps when I hit the lottery, I'm buying an Island for us, lol.
  4. Elvira

Elvira New Member

I'm ready to go! Sounds like a great plan to me. Send me directions and I'm outta here!!!!!
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I'm ready.
    Carla
  6. lindasue

lindasue New Member

7. motg

motg New Member

I want to come to so make sure that you leave a trail of bread crums for me to follow.
    Barb
  8. Dlee

Dlee New Member

Just make double sure they have a pharmacy.
  9. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Let's not forget to take someone to do the cooking and cleaning. When do we leave?
    Kathryn
  10. Deby

Deby New Member

Me too! Me too!!!!

I live way up north in Canada and it's bloody cold here already. Need warm place to live...island life sound absolutely frigging awesome right about now.
    It feels like I'm freezing from the toes up.

And by the way, you can't be nuts if we all feel the same way, can you??

Deby
  11. ruthiepie

ruthiepie New Member

I want to go......God Bless you
  12. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Sounds perfect!!!
  13. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

count me in, but can i bring my dogs? :)
  14. jami117

jami117 New Member

Lindasue, you expressed my fantasy! It would be such a relief to live in a community where I could surrender to the limitations of this DD and allow my energy to go to healing. Let's be sure to have some massage therapists. Ahh - some warm hydrotherapy then a massage on a table on the beach ---- that would be Heaven! jami
  15. wildkrp1959

wildkrp1959 New Member

Aloha Linda, Where is le plane le plane i'm already packed mai ties and lays for everyone flower ones of course ha ha. I hope and pray you have more good days then bad. love kathy aka wild krp
  16. svajainga

svajainga New Member

I can't believe it.I think I just smiled today with this fabulous idea.It is a MIRACLE!!!!! This sounds like a perfectly delightful idea!!!! Can't Bill Gates just go out on a limb and buy us one? He would hardly even notice the tiny nick in his pocketbook!! As long as we have the comfiest most hightech quality beds, I AM THERE!!!!!!!!
  17. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Let's get this thing going asap!!! I think the "Bill Gates" idea is perfect! So, who is willing to make the call to him????????? I can just see us all now.....No stress, easy swims in the ocean, and loving one another back to good health!!! It won't take me long to pack!!
    Oh, I wonder if I might be able to bring my pets.....1 really sweet dog......3 really braty cats.
    God's Blessings & My love to you all,
    Linda
  18. lizi

lizi New Member

WOW!! It feels so good to talk to and hear from others like me. I am ready to go to this island. Count me in. I want my comfortable recliner, a good pharmacy, and hey! I love pets.
    Lizi