Let's get a little church up in here!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by stagename, Jun 29, 2004.

1. stagename

stagename New Member

what are your favourite worhip CD's??
  2. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

To really pick me up when I feel low, I like to praise God to anything by Ron Kenoly Integrity Music "Jesus is Alive" and "God is Able". He is

If I feel like worshipping God then I like to sing along with Kent Henry (can't remember his label...maybe Hosanna music?) but I like "Purify my Heart" and some others

I also like Vineyard "Refiner's Fire"

I like PDI "King of Grace" and "No Greater Love"

Can't wait to hear what you guys like:)
    Monkeykat

3. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

the Women of Faith and Fernando Ortega...
  4. stagename

stagename New Member

United Live from Hillsongs? its the youth band- beautiful worship.

Hymns- Ancient and Modern, Various artists
    Hope- Hillsong
    268 Generation- Passion
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Jacqui Valesquez, Don Moen, Hillsong (Darlene Zschech), Crystal Lewis, Delirious?, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, I especially love Keith Green (what an anointed voice!)
    I am in the uK so I don't know if you have heard of all of these - some are English.
    Anyway, there's just a few of mine!
    :)
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Not just c.d.'s
    I love the following hymns:
    lots of modern ones like: You laid aside your majesty; Forever; All I once held dear; Jesus Christ (once again; King of Kings (majesty): There is a redeemer. etc
    older ones I like: And can it be; The Servant King; Immortal, Invisible, God only wise; How Great Thou art; I the Lord of sea and sky; and lots more
    Favourite hymn ever: My Song is Love Unknown: I can't hear it or singing without crying uncontrollably.
    Favourite carols: O Little Town of Bethlehem; Little Donkey (childhood favourite); Silent Night; Once in Ryal David's City and Away in a Manger!
    Phew, Shelbo :)

Cd I forgot to add: Nicole C. Mullen: you've got to hear 'Redeemer'- it's beautiful!
  7. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I've heard of some of the artists you mentioned.

I love many hymns also and my favorites are:
    "Great is Thy Faithfulness"
    "When I survey the wondrous cross"
    "On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand"
    "It is well with my soul"

I like some of the ones you mentioned too.

I'll have to look for Nicole C. Mullen:'Redeemer'

Have a great day everyone!
    Monkeykat
  8. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I love Great is Thy Faithfulness too and There is a Green Hill Far Away...do you like that one?

I am gonna type out the words to Nicole C. Mullen's worship song for you: I want to share!
    Here goes:

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
    Who told the ocean you can only come this far?
    Who showed the moon where to stand 'til evening?
    Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Well I know my Redeemer lives.
    I know my Redeemer lives.
    All of creation testify, this life within me cries:

The very same God that spins things in orbit
    He runs to the weary, the worn and the weak.
    And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
    They conquered death to bring me victory.

Now I know my Redeemer lives.
    Let all creation testify,
    Let this life with me cry:

He lives to take away my shame,
    And he lives, forever I'll proclaim,
    That the payment for my sin was the precious life he gave.
    But now he's alive and there's an empty grave.

And I know my redeemer lives, He lives,
    I know my Redeemer lives,
    Let all creation testify,
    This life within me cries:
    I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES!

I did a dance with 7 children in our church to this last Easter morning. It was beautiful and the place with filled with the Holy Spirit: you've gotta hear it.

Had your heard of Keith Green. He died in a palne crash in his early thirties on his way to do missionary work. When his wife Melody heard she wrtoe a hymn called There is a Redeemer. Have you heard that?

Blessings, Shelbo
  9. shelbo

shelbo New Member

My Life, My Love, My All - inspring stuff!
  10. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Shelbo,
    I haven't heard of "There is a Green Hill Far Away".

Thank you for the words to the song by Nicole C. Mullen's. They were timely for me and I actually sat and cried while I read them. I love God but I feel so distant and my illness has been so bad lately. The Lord really touched me with those words.

When I first committed my life to Christ I listened to Keith Green music some. It was so sad when he and his children died in the plane crash leaving his pregnant wife behind. I didn't realize that Melody Green wrote "There is a Redeemer". That is such a beautiful song.

Have a great day!
    Love, Monkeykat
  11. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I didn't know his children died also or that his wife was pregnant. God bless them all. It makes me even more amazed at Melody's faith. Shelbo
  12. Noz

Noz New Member

I've just been reading through your posts, hope you dont mind,can i just say the only song I know here was Shelbos
    'There is a green hill far away', I'll try & find some of the others to listen to.
    Noz
  13. stagename

stagename New Member

i love all of those too. i love the hymns, they stand the test of time. There are some new collections of hymns that are great.
  14. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

My favorite praise and worship cd is CARMAN - PASSION FOR PRAISE. I listen to others but CARMAN is my absolute favorite.

LOIS