Let's poll Guai protocol! Good?/not-so-good results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Feb 27, 2003.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

This is actually following up on Tracey's question. Those who have tried or are on Guai, would you be kind enough to post your results. Have the FM symptoms lessened? Exactly how did you improve. If you had less than desirable results, what were they! Thanking you in advance. Fondly June
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Would you kindly include whether you are following the entire protocol or simply taking Guia? Thank you.

(I recently met someone - in person - who is doing the protocol/guai and she feels greatly improved. Without more validation,though, I hesitate beginning such a program.)

Thanks, June
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Perhaps there has not been much of a response because those of us on the Guai have posted so many times, including details of our treatment. I just don't have the energy to go through it all again.

Why don't you do a search and bring up all our old posts on the subject. I'm sorry, but my energy level is just not good today. I am hoping by bumping this, it will bring more responses.

Love, Mikie
  4. injudie

injudie New Member

Hi Gang,

Three years ago doc wanted me to try the Guai thingie - knowing my sensitivity to meds we started on 1000mg. a day and was to increase slowly.

Within the 7-8th day I was in so much pain I could barely lift my head off the pillow - my body screamed 10 times more than usual if this even seems possible.

Calling doc he recommended to stick with it - it CAN be invasive at first but then will simmer down - his words not mine.

In a matter of the second week while so UN-FUNCTIONAL I took take no more and went to the ER -

Was taken off the Guai - keep for two days for pain management and sent home with the "attending' docs to NOT attempt the Guai

As usual its an individual thing and what I can or cannot tolerate has no bearing on you.

Hope this helps but the word sends shivers down my spine.

Count your blessings
    judie
    ebay-Fibro t-shirts - they're there
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Guai. has helped me with pain but I only take 150 mgs 2 times a day because I am very chemical sensitive to everything. I am in a bad flare right now because I tried to take Olive leaf extract but I will go back to Guai. protocol because I felt so much better.
    I am still exhausted all the time even with the Guai. but I guess you can't have it all.
    Good luck to you, Vicky
    PS You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!! I have posted this before but is my motto!!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No wonder you had such a huge Guai flare. The normal dose would be 300 mgs twice a day and half that for anyone who is sensitive. This doc evidently had no idea of how Guai works nor the protocol for using it.

This is why I am like a broken record telling people to read the book and totally understand the protocol. Here's another example of someone for whom the Guai failed, probably unnecessarily. Sadly, the Guai flare you experienced was evidence that the treatment would have been very beneficial with the right dose.

Love, Mikie
  7. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Hi June:

I am on Guai and have been for almost 2 years. I am also sensitive to meds. so am only 900 mgs. a day. My results have been favorable--mostly noticed that the fog was improved greatly. However, lately I have felt something else is going on too. I thought I was blocking the Guai so I did a total inventory to make sure a salicytate hadn't crept back into my use of topicals. But I don't think that is the case. But the fog is back, the pain is worse, and now I have a handful of NEW symptoms that are troubling. I see my Rheumy on April 1st, so until then I am just keeping track of how I am feeling so I can hopefully dicuss rationally. I am staying on the Guai because I still believe it is helping. Do get the recommended book on the protocol if you decide to try it--it isn't easy, but I believe it is beneficial. Good luck!