Let's talk about Rachel Ray, I think it's time...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

After making many changes to my diet by eliminating processed foods, diet products etc.....I found the wonderful and easy world of cooking the Rachel Ray way.

After 2 years of this flare I barely remembered what I used to cook anyway and her show finally started making sense to me.

Good fresh ingredients, short amount of time in the kitchen and wonderful meals that are not only easy to prepare but so tasty and good for you too.

She's opened up my world to flavors that pop, foods that are quick, easy and healthy too.

Anyone else cooking this way? What are your favorite recipes?

Hugs,

Nancy B

2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I haven't watched it yet, but now I want to.

Thanks,
    Susan07
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

I for one have loved Rachael for a few years. I have several of her cookbooks. I just love her recipes. She seems to be so down to earth and sweet. Love her.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If you haven't watched one of her shows maybe you could do so. It's a full meal, made in 30 minutes with plenty of short cuts along the way.

I have been watching it for a few months and never really realized that she's low carb too because she loves her pasta too much to give it up.

It took me a bit to get some new staple ingredients in the house, (and boy does my old food taste boring to me now) I just picked up a few items each time I went to the grocery store.

You can also look up her recipes on the foodnetwork.com. Just choose her shows and you'll get a list of recipes.

Some of the stuff she makes tastes amazing, mixing things I wouldn't have thought would taste good together.

I also learned while watching, how to be more at ease again in the kitchen, how to substitute things. (It's been sooooo long with this flare)

I was always considered a decent cook, I just think now I'm much, much better. (And nobody's complaining at anything I make, they're both just thrilled with what comes out of the kitchen now)

I don't really pay much attention to the 30 minutes though, I have to cook enough for my family, but the show's timeline really does work.

Hugs,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

My husband and I both love her. Not sure if we've tried any recipes or not, even 30 minutes is more than I can handle in the kitchen.

I watched her new talk show once-man she's so energetic. It wore me out just watching, too much going on. But she always seems so comfortable, a little goofy and has one of the best giggles ever.
  6. I love her cooking, however maybe its just me, I don't care for all the hyper talking, like the cooking part of the show, just not the other parts.
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I can't name one specific recipe- although the pasta ones always grab my attention! I love the healthy way she cooks, too.
  8. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But there are days where her enthusiasm wears me out! UGH.
    But she is inspiring regardless of whether you follow her exact recipes or not..She is definately great at make tasty food...QUICKLY..and everyone, not only us, need to have those sort of meals at our fingertips!
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Did you make that peice of furniture in your profile? It's beautiful!!
  10. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

My husband and I both like her. We haven't actually bought any of her cook books yet, but I am sure we will. She even has cook books for kids, my 7 year old neice loves to make things from the one she has.
  11. can anyone recommend one of her best cookbooks? Nothing fancy smancy!
  12. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

Garlic butter and parmasaun cheese on popcorn, oh now I am hungry.
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

I used to watch her on the Food Network when i Had Digital cable! And yes She had alot of cool ideas and some very Healthy ways of puting things togeather!! I think i will try to Pick up one of Her cook books!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Have fun!,,,,,S
  14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

And see, I was never fond of her show either...my daughter used to make fun of her voice and bouncy ways. (Just too cheerful that early in the morning)

But....when I started paying attention to what she cooks, what we eat and how much better I feel after a meal made with fresh ingredients, that's what finally caught my eye.

I'm getting wonderful things done around the house, and I know my energy is partly because of the foods I've been eating. And because of the chemically processed foods I've been eliminating.

Getting fresh ideas has just opened up my world. And my husband is a Midwest, meat and potatoes guy through and through. He may look a little funny when I'm chopping up ingredients or getting ready to cook, but it always tastes amazing and he's loved every meal but one so far.

Again, our bodies are starving for real foods....we need to eat right to feel better, I'm convinced. This is just one way to do it.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  15. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Thanks so much for letting me know where to look. After everyone's great replies I am looking forward to trying this out.

I'm always amazed at what I can learn from this board. We all seem to be thinking about the full spectrum of our lives.

Again, thanks,
    Susan07
  16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks all for the replies...

And don't forget, you don't have to wait to get a cookbook. You can just log on to the Foodnetwork.com, click on the 30 Minute Meals and get her recipes there.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  17. It is beautiful, I would LOVE one.
  18. lcb212

lcb212 New Member

Love,Love,Love her show
    Love her hyper ways
    helps me remember how
    I was before this DD
  19. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I love her shows (hard to beleive that she has 3 shows on Food Network and one on NBC I think) and cook books and her new magazine. It is amazing that she can do all of it. Her peppiness gets to me occasionally but she is just one ball of energy.

Does anyone watch Paula Deen's shows? She can really drive me nuts too with her laugh but we met her in Savannah. I met my sister and her family at Hilton Head and I flew in and out of Savannah. We spent my last day in Savannah and did a tour in a carraige. We asked the tour guy for a lunch recommendation and he sent us to The Lady and Sons restaurant. Neither of us made a connection until we were sitting down and looking at all of the pictures.

I said I bet this is her place and my sis says no way but I looked up at the salad bar and there SHE was! We got autographed books and got one for my Mom for Mother's Day.

Fun fun!
  20. Juloo

Juloo Member

There are very few people I like on television enough to let them in my house if they showed up at the front door. Rachel Ray is one.

My son (10) and I sat down one day and watched one of her shows several months back. He liked what he saw so much that I found the recipe on line and helped him make it the next weekend for Cub Scouts. It was simple and delicious.

Okay -- I think my son has a crush, too!