Letter from moderators...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, Oct 10, 2007.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Has everyone read the letter from the moderators on the other board?

We all play well together here, we weren't being ugly.

Seriously,they are requesting that everyone read it.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Read it and signed on it too....

Great idea to post a reminder here too.

Nancy B
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Yeah, I read it and I knew that the moderators would be posting soon. I have to say I have been disappointed by some of the posts over there lately. And it seems to be a handful of posters who thrive on the controversy. I don't join in on any of the posts that get nasty, not worth the time or energy. But I am glad the moderators posted because I was, I have to admit, irritated by the amount of negativity lately.

We have a lot of fun over here!!! I am sure things will be okay on the CFS/FM board, it just needed a little moderator intervention.

Have a fabulous evening! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2007]
  4. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I havnt noticed any really and I just hope I am not one of the ones who have been offensive!!!!

angel hugs and blessings

5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I didn't see any offensive posts either, and I read quite a few! Oh well, sounds like I didn't miss anything!

6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I haven't read the 'letter', but then again, I don't post on that board much at all. Not in the last two years, or so.

It seems to have turned very UGLY, which it wasn't in 2003. Although there would be a 'cyclical' nature, it did not last as long as this 'reign' has. A VERY good person was kicked off, due to her belief differences. Never told why either. That is SAD! While she tried, and I did read EVERY response of hers, other's were snide, rude, and complained constantly. I believe they were threatened by her.

She always stated, it was what worked for her. NEVER said everyone should do the same, even though other's presented it this fashion. Many are still here, with no wonderful or thought provking ideas. Too bad.

Too bad about the other board. If I have question's about these DD's, I go somewhere else. I have found this board to be the most encouraging and kind board on this site.

Many hugs,

7. skikat

skikat New Member

i kow exactly what she means when she said it was getting insulting over there.i loved the board and i am fairly new, so dont know a lot of things yet. i was one that was attacked by 2 diffeent people at 2 different times. and just for calling one person and asking her one question1 but i have seen that person attacked many times, and i didnt know what for. i saw nothing that shewas doing wrong when it happened. i dont like , nor will take part in continuing with a post like that so that is why i came over here for awhile and i also have found the worship board and go there sometimes. it is sad when adults act like children. especially to others who are sick. some of them would be in a nursing home if not for family. and "who" would attack a sick person in a nursing home???? i like peace. god bless-ski-
  8. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

But maybe I get carried away sometimes.....I hope all in insightful good fun. Hey, I take too much(perhaps,literally) Prozac to attack someone here, or I know:)

A recent post of mine was a bit satirical and, possibly, too political. I'll be glad to delete or revise anything I write that might be considered inappropriate.
    I don't know about those other boards, but sounds like way too mean. Why people feel such needs to belittle someone not in Public Arena (movie stars,politicians), etc, I don't know. Sigh.

[This Message was Edited on 10/25/2007]
  9. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I can't imagine why anyone would be attacking you. The mind boggles...

There must be some unhappy folks over there who just don't care. I don't see it much myself but I believe it's happening and finding out that they later delete their posts explains why. I try to ignore flamers.

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2007]
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it was cruel...and some of the other regulars had read it, then the moderators deleted it. thank goodness. something about me being divorced and i should just get over it...hers was more blunt and not so warming at all...

karma though now i believe that person is having her own divorce problems..

we have to remember to pretend we are in those person's shoes.

i held back on replying to it because it was so negative and uncalled for.

i might add it isn't anyone on this side. i just let it go off my shoulders.

no problems w/her and never confronted the issues.

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2007]
  11. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I haven't come across any at this forum. I have dealt with some very hostile people at another one. I just try and remember what God said. Kind words turn away anger....harsh words bring wrath. I had one "troll" call me oh dear sweet (name I go by there)." She waould say it sarcastically. I swear that one seeked me out to give me grief. I many times had to bite my tongue an say nothing or try and be nice anyway. Sometimes I just had to get off the computer and cool down first, ask God to give me the words to say in reply.
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I stay away from any controversey and just pick and choose what to read and what to say. I rarely post a thread "over there" as it's like putting a target on your back.

Anyway, Chit Chat is much nicer, and one thing we all need is nicer. There is enough rancor and hate other places in this world...

Hope you all have good days and good weekends. Winter is coming soon! I have the aches and pains to prove it! (-:

Stay warm and well.

13. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I try to stay away from controversy too. There was one just yesterday that I noticed has disappeared. Just when I thought it might be safe to go back!!

But, as Elaine saidwe met right after one of these unfortunate posts, so sometimes something good can come out of a bad thing!!!

14. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes I have seen the posts. When someone is nasty, it can be devasting. Some of us are just not that strong to let it bounce off.

Especially when you don't feel well anyway, this is the last place where anyone should be made to feel bad.

A couple of years ago, I posted to just warn people about posting their emails or something. At the time alot of people were getting banned for not following board rules and my intention was purely to help.

I received a very nasty post telling me to get off my "high horse" etc. At the time I was sooooo sick and needed the board. Instead I was crying, hurt and stayed away for a few weeks.

This is uncalled for. The person who did that to me is still here and yes, she removed her post but I certainly won't forget it.

It truly revealed this person's character.
  15. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

That has been there for awhile? The one that gets bumped up? I honestly hope I haven't written anything that would hurt anyone or cause them anymore pain.

I posted to a lady yesterday (think it was yesterday) who was upset with a neighbor lady who had children. Errrr, that didn't go well and the whole thread got deleted. I could kind of feel in my bones when I went to bed that it would.

I really don't know if I should still be posting on that board anymore or not. It is nothing to do with the board, but me. Been going through some stuff, nothing terrible, just life moving on, both sons moving out.

So I was trying to lighten the mood a little in the thread about whining...venting, whatever, but I went waaaaay off topic and starting posting about a pajama party. Or someone else did and I ran with it. I swear I wonder if I am losing what spare parts for brains I have left.

I just cannot be serious all the time anymore. I don't do confrontation or aggression well either. I am thinking I need to just sit on my hands and read......
  16. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I really thought it was ME! And most likely, everyone who replied to that particular poster wondered if it was their post has wondered the same thing.

See, people started off trying to empathize with her (as did I) and when she came back, saying we were ignoring half of the contents in her post and making us feel as if we were intentionally being cruel to her well....that hurt us, because nothing could have been farther from the truth.

We wanted to help her and tried to point out to her that people who have children don't do so as a means to cause anyone else pain. However...people can be insensitive and..oh well, I don't need to do a recap, as you were there and you know exactly how it went down.

I am thinking that the reason the whole thread got deleted was due to the negative and upsetting turn it was taking. I have to admit, it was beginning to upset me. It is so hard when you are trying to come up with words and possibilities for comforting someone without coming off as sounding condescending or making less of their situation than it really is.

I think that for my own state of mind, I should probably, in the future, avoid such threads. I want to help, but I am sure that many times I could possibly just be making things worse. Trying to post when foggy brained as I am most of the time anymore just may not be a great idea. But hey-I mean well......Maybe I really should just stick to posting here. Would that be alright with y'all here?
  17. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thats exactly why I stay on this board for the most part!! I got myself involved in a controversial post a while back and it was upsetting!! I figured the neighbor post would get deleted. I did take a nasty turn. I tried to avoid it, but couldn't help posting to try to smooth things out, but that rarely works. I should have known better!

I don't think your post was offensive that I remember. I think it was only one or maybe two posts that were a bit much.

Karen, I don't remember what you wrote, or if it was offenstive, but it's nice of you to say you are sorry. Many of us do get blunt at times, at least I know I do. Don't feel bad.

So we can stick around here where there people are always nice and there is no controversy!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2007]
  18. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Have ya ever had one of those days where you just felt like a third thumb anyway? Nowhere to go and totally unnecessary? That would be my day today. Well, most days anymore.

But I would like to think there is some safe place, at least here at the keyboard, where I can just be me. I really hope this is it.

I've been to other fibro forums before. They would be okay for a bit and then they would begin to feel very "high school" to me. The message board is good, in that the moderators do a good job of keeping it professional. Maybe that's my problem though.

I think I'm looking for something with just a little more of a personal feeling to it. Not personal in a stalker-type way, LOL, noooo, just a place where it will be okay if I go off topic, etc. I hope this is it. I really do!
  19. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

When you have gone through something as personal and devastating as you have, I don't know how you could keep from having that affect your posting style. You were just fine, sweet as could be, really.

I am just really at a crossroads right now with deciding what to do when it comes to internet interactions. I have gotten so much good information from the message board (of which we have spoken) and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

But recently I am feeling a strong desire for some lighter conversation and if I do happen to drift away from the topic at hand, it would be okay too. While I respect and understand that is a health forum and the need to keep posts on track there, I am wanting to forge some new online friendships and slip way from possible contraversy and conflict. I really, really like it here.

All that said, I think I will post and introduction and take a stab at making some new friends here. Thanks for being so welcoming, to Karen and to all. I really needed this today and y'all know what I mean. I feel like I am home here.
  20. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

You are a real sweetie too! I have decided that I think I have found a new forum home here! I will read and still may post a bit at the message board. But I fear I am far too rambly these days, so this seems like a perfect fit for me.( Not that y'all are rambly, but you do seem as if you'd not get upset with me if I stray off topic now and then.) Yay for internet friends and families! :)