Letter from Social Security Administration

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Oct 25, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I received a letter today from SSA that was a copy of one sent to my attorney thanking him for the request for a hearing before an ALJ. It states a Notice of Hearing will be mailed to him and me 20 days before the date of the hearing.

Is this a form letter in response to the application from my attorney or does it mean the hearing is going to be scheduled soon?

The reason I ask is because I sent a letter to my congresswoman and although I didn't get a response from her I wondered if she contacted the SSA and this letter is hurrying things along.

I can call my attorney Monday and ask but I am anxious to find out so thought I'd check here.

2. savvy50

savvy50 New Member

That is the same letter I got. It took about 3 months to get a hearing date from the time I was denied at my reconsideration level. I was also denied by the ALJ but I'm not giving up. Good luck to you!
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm thinking that it took about 3 months; maybe a little longer, not sure, before I received the "Notice of Hearing". However, after I received it, my hearing was scheduled close to the end of the 20-day mark. At least something happened; good luck at your hearing, Lillie.

I'm so sorry, savvy50, that you were denied at the hearing. Hang in there and don't give up. If you do, it will interfere with your backpay/time of last day worked. I wish you the best.