Letter to doc, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Cel~, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ~Cel~

~Cel~ New Member

Hi everyone,

I have an appt with my doctor on Sept 16 and I was thinking of sending her a letter listing all the symptoms I've experienced since I last saw her, along with the questions I want to ask her. I figure this way she'll have time to think about it and it won't matter if I forget everything when I step into her office.

Should I list every single little thing, or keep with the big stuff? Any suggestions as to what to put down, or not, in my letter?

Thank you everyone!

Celine
  2. babyjoan

babyjoan New Member

It is my humble opinion that we all should keep running notes on all our symptoms (when we have enough energy) and all questions. This will/should be helpful if you ever have to go on disibility. If we give the Dr.'s our list of symptoms and they ever get together (like at a convention) to compare notes, they may link some very common problems we all have, maybe then they could study all these notes to help us. I also think you should always make a copy made of your complaints and questions for you to keep in your files. Date them for the date you gave it to your physician, that way they can't say we never mentioned that before!! I hope this helps, good luck. Joan
  3. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I read a post from madwolf recommending how to communicate w/DR. I found it in search box,There R TONS of Great suggs there,i've not yet concured the DR thing,learning NOW here! Peace,lisa
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

and great idea! I might use it myself, as my doc is always so rushed (I miss my private practice doc who spent 20-30 unrushed minutes with me...). If you do decide to go this route, what I'd do is organize the list with the major things first, followed by the minor things.
  5. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

I would list everything, including the little things, because there are so many symptoms to both FM and CFIDS. Also, keeping a daily journal of how you are feeling may also be helpful.
    Alicia