Letter to Santa

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by LPN_11, Dec 7, 2003.

1. LPN_11

LPN_11 New Member

Dear Santa:
    Your blankets snug around you, into sleep you drift away.
    I bend to gently kiss you, When I see on the floor a neatly written letter by your bed, I wonder who it is for. I quietly unfold it, making sure you are still asleep.It is a christmas list for Santa one my heart will always keep.
    It started just as always with all the toys seen on TV, A new watch for your Daddy and a winter coat for me.
    But as my eyes read on I could see that deep inside you there were many things you wished for but your loving heart would hide. You asked if your friend Molly could have another dad;it seems her father hits her and it makes you sad. Then you asked dear Santa if the neighbors down the street could find a job, that he might have some food, and clothes, and heat. You saw a family on the news whose house had blown away, "Dear Santa, send them just one thing, a place where they can stay."
    And Santa, those four cookies that I left for you, Could you take them to the children who have nothing else to eat?
    Do you know that little bear that I love so much? I'm leaving it for you to take to Africa this year.
    And as you fly your reindeer on this night of Jesus'birth could your magic bring to everyone gooddwill and peace on earth? There's one last thing before you go so grateful I would be if you'd smile at Baby Jesus in the manger by our tree.
    I pulled that letter close to me and felt it melt my heart, those tiny hands had written what no other could impart. "And a little child shall lead them" was whispered in my ear As I watched you sleep on Christmas Eve while Santa Claus was here.

That letter really made me pay attention to my children as you see it would be something that my own would write as we have tried to teach them that Jesus is the reason we are what we are and he loves us all unconditionally
    Sue
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Your letter raised my spirits a little, thank you. I loved it.