Lettting love ones ruin your life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JHG, Sep 2, 2003.

1. JHG

JHG New Member

Dear Mikie,
    Your post about this was excellent.I have experienced this-with my children trying to tell me how to run my life, but as a therapist, I see this all the time with my clients. Sometimes we just need to be reminded that we need to take charge of our own life and tell people who don't understand to butt out-to put it bluntly.

I also read your post about moving to Myrtle Beach. I live in Brunswick County at Holden Beach, and have my office in Shallotte, NC which is about 35 miles from Myrtle Beach. I don't think it's as expensive here to live as it is in Myrtle Beach, although opportunitie for employment are not too good here. It just depends on what you want. Myrtle Beach has alot more going on than we do here, but I love living here. Right now I'm looking for a condo to buy, but they are scarce here. Good luck on your looking for something else.
    Sincerelly, Joyce
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for your input. I am not totally decided on Myrtle Beach or even moving. I need to work and so need to be where there is a decent chance of finding a job or being self-employed. Several years ago, I traveled all through NC and down the Atlantic side of SC and love both states.

I do love it here too and it is so hot all year that it's like Endless Summer. We almost never wear anything but resort wear with sandals. It's so casual and there is water everywhere.

Well, if I move to your area, I know where to find a good therapist. I have been fortunate enough to have had therapy available most of my life when I have needed it and have highly recommended it here. My recent hypnotherapy for remembering how to be a well person was so important to my healing that I don't believe I could have healed without it.

Thanks again and if I decide to move, I'll check it out.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are so funny. Both my kids have told me I can move in with them, but I would rather die in the streets than live with my kids who are wonderful. They need their own lives.

My ex, who lives with the woman who broke up our family, has told my kids that I can move in with him and this woman. My SIL said, "What color is the sky in his world?" I think in his fantasies, he pictures himself a sheik with a harem. Ain't gonna happen, ever. What a nut. Every day I thank God that he is my ex and not my present.

Love, Mikie