lexapro and anxiety

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by betucha, Mar 31, 2004.

1. betucha

betucha New Member

I'm on my second week of Lexapro and am on Xanax untill the Lexapro kicks in. I'm also on Ambien to sleep. I'm 5l and never had a medical problem before three months ago. My therapist said Lexapro should start to work within 4-6 weeks. I have severe anxiety. Has anyone had any luck with Lexapro and when did it start to work?
  2. florenceb

florenceb New Member

I never had luck with lexapro so I am sorry I can't help you much. I know how IMPATIENT you must be to feel better. I am 50 yrs old. I was given lexapro becuz it was new and I had tried just about everything else for depression/fatigue.Lexxapro reminded me alot of Prozac. I could not wake up in the morning. PDoc said it WAS a lot like prozac. Is Lexapro used to treat anxiety? I didn't know that.. I also take Xanax becuz I GET anxiety(crying and jittery) from the Provigil (non amphetamine stimulant) which I take for extreme fatigue. Have you taken any other Antidepressants or anxiety meds? I'm taking an educated guess that Lexapro is like many antidepressants that take "4-6" weeks to realize their full therapeutic effect on the central nervous system. May I ask if your anxiety started with menopause? Forgive me if I am being too personal.