LEXAPRO ANYONE TAKING IT FOR DEPRESSION?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2YUNG, May 15, 2006.

1. 2YUNG

2YUNG New Member

MY DAUGHTER (14) JUST GOT PUT ON LEXAPRO TODAY FOR HER FIBRO AND LITTLE DEPRESSION. ANYBODY HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT? SHE HAD BAD RESULTS FROM PAXIL. I WAS AFRAID TO USE ANOTHER ANTIDEPRESSANT, BUT HER PAINS HAVE BEEN VERY BAD LATELY BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER BEING VERY CLOUDY HERE IN NJ.
    OUR RHEUMY JUST TELLS US TO TAKE TYLENOL AND GET A LIFE.
    ANY HELP WILL BE NICE.
    MOM
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi 2Yung...I am on Lexapro, 10 mg at bedtime, for depression. I have had no side effects except for low libido. It does not help me with the pain, but it has helped greatly with the depression.

Does your daughter exercise? That helps me with both pain and depression. I walk and then add weights if I can.

I understand your reluctance about AD's since your daughter is so young. Maybe a second opinion would be a good thing?

Best of luck to you both...Ann
  3. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

Im on Lexapro. Love it. Works very well for depression. I have no side effects. I was on paxil long time ago. Hated it. My daughter had a horrible time getting off of it. D=She asctually had withdrawls and had to wean herself off of it//ALso Lexapro doesnt help the pain but if depression is gone I think your mind is able to deal better
    Dolfenn
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I posted an article on the depression board called "Med Weight Gain" or something like that.

You may want to read it. I don't think my memory is good enough re-write it. I know what I said but not sure HOW I said it. It's about depression meds and weight gain.

Yes, I AM on lexapro - (2) 10 mgs. per night.

Be careful,

BlueSky555
  5. Mo23

Mo23 New Member

I have been taking lexapro for 1 1/2 years 20mg. and it has helped
    me very much with the depression from dealing with the chronic pain of the fibro. I have tried many other anti-depres.
    but none was as helpful and with no side effects as the lexapro. This med has been a really huge help to me.
    Hope this info. is helpful to you. Mo23
  6. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i tried celexa for quite a while but it seemed to hit its 'ceiling' with me. seemed not to be of help after a long while.

so switched over to lexapro and it worked much better. it actually felt as though it gave me a lift of energy too.

i cannot remember which doctor said this in passing but the comment was something like "lots of people complain that it makes them feel hyperactive".

if that's the case, then i sure needed that boost!