Lexapro (Escitalopram)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pansylady, Aug 20, 2008.

1. pansylady

pansylady New Member

I wondered if anyone was on the antidepressant Lexapro
    (escitalopram). I need something v=because of muscle pain and depression and to help with sleeping.

I dont want to go back on Elavil again. I am also allergic to some ingredients in these meds. especially asparatane. If anyone is on this coiuld they give me a list of the ingredients in the tablet form before I ask my doc. for it.

2. pansylady

pansylady New Member

Thanks Nink fro your reply and on the list of ingredients in tablets.

I will get the tablet form instead of the oral ones and see how it goes.

Thanks again,
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

on it for a few years
    but it kinda stopped wking
    so now im on something elase.
    hope it wks good for you.
  4. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I've been on it for at least 7 years, for depression. It works for me. Also, my children are on it for the same thing. It helps them also. Lexapro, for me and my children, have little side effects. In fact, after going through all the other antidepressants, my doctor has us on Lex because of the low side effects.
    Hope this helps.
  5. limbo

limbo Member

I was on Cymbalta, and like anything else after awhile it wasn't working, so I went on generic effexor. I had taken the time released for years, my guestion is the generic less effective? I have FM and chronic depression, but seem to hit a low here. It may be stress, I've had to set some boundaries with two of my grown children and that is hard to do for me. I'm the one who has had a lot of therapy, so I knew what I had to do, but they don't have a clue. Anyone else ever run into this? I may have to bite the bullet and get the time released but before I ask my docter since they don't understand FM, I'm wondering if any one has been on the generic effexor.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2008]
  6. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am taking 10 mg of Lexapro daily for chronic anxiety.

I have recently developed some rather severe depression therefore my daily dosage has been increased to 15 mg daily.

I am waiting to see if this increase will help me.

Personally, Lexapro has never helped with sleep or pain issues. I have FMS among other conditions.

I suggest you call your pharmacist and discuss the Lexapro ingredients with him/her because he/she is better informed of the medicines you already take.

Best of luck,

Karen :)
  7. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Hi , I have heard of lexapro , but I never have been on it. I have had prozac , then efexor(sp) , and now I am on Cymbalta. I had to go cold turkey off the effexor and it was horrible . I hope that you find something that works for you !

i can relate to what you said about bounderies and family not understanding . I too have had therapy and have gone to co-dependents anonymous . My family just think I am the black sheep of the family , which is OK for me . I never will go back to the craziness of how my family acts.