Lexapro, Neurontin and Guaifenisin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pacellica2, Aug 23, 2006.

1. pacellica2

pacellica2 New Member

I was on Prozac and switched to Lexapro. I have been on Anti-depressants since I was a teen-ager and find it has enhanced my life. My mother was bi-polar and I inherited the depression side. Lexapro works well for me.

I also was on Lyrica and gained substanial weight so I went back on my Neurontin and increased my dosage to 600 MG 3 times a day it has helped.

I also am taking guaifenisin. Is anyone else trying this?

Good luck to all of us with FM. It is a daily struggle.
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Pacellica2...I am taking both Lexapro and Guai. I started on Lexapro in January and Guai in March. I believe in the guai protocol (have you read the book by Dr. St. Amand, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia?)? It is the guide that I am following.

There is a group of us on here that are taking guai. If you put Guai Ladies into the post title (or search backwards), there are some newbies and veterans here with lots of support and great information. If I can answer any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If I can't, the veterans on here most likely can.

By the way, I have taken several of the AD's...Elavil, Cymbalta, I am still on Nortriptyline for sleep, and really like Lexapro, too.

Blessings, Ann