Lexapro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Connie3, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

I found the messages about Lexapro boosting immune systme very interesting. I started taking Lexapro late in Jan. and have been doing so much better. I am even getting a little stamina and able to do so much more.

My problem is that I have more trouble sleeping now. I don't think it is due to the lexapro, but would like to know the best time of day to take it. I have been taking it in the morning. Would it be better to take it at bedtime?

I also think part of my improvement is from taking "Nystatin" capsules from FCC in Dallas, and Threelac recommended by Stormyskye on this message board.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Connie3:
    I had been taking my Lexapro in the morning, but noticed I had a harder time dealing with hyperactivity in the afternoon and early evening.

Just last night I took it before bedtime and woke up not feeling too well at 4:30, so I guess I will go back and take it in the a.m.

N.F.
  3. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I take 10mg at night just before I lay down. My worst problem is waking up soaked from night sweat. I have never been a sweater until Lexapro, but it has really helped me with my pain believe it or not.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have always taken mine at night. When I first started taking it it made me sleep exceptionally well.
    I also had more sweating when I first started taking it, especially in my feet which was kind of weird.
  5. desertfog

desertfog New Member

Well, I have only been taking it 8 days. I take it at night. A couple of times I woke up and could not go back to sleep for a couple of hours. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not. The funny thing is the side effects include 'could make you drowsy' & 'may cause insomnia'. Go figure! I feel like it does both for me; makes me sleepy when I first take it and give me insomnia in the middle of the night. LOL But maybe I'm just getting adjusted to it. Because of the drowsy part I decided to take it at night.