LF someone that knows the Bible

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by CBL13, Feb 6, 2014.

1. CBL13

CBL13 Member

Long story here, so I will try to keep it short.
    Since '99 I have had a broken femur, too low for hip replacement apparently, and after the initial break caused by an auto accident, the hardware has failed several times resulting in 7 fixes in all to this leg which is now almost 3 inches too short. 1 fusion in my neck, 2 repaired disks in my mid and lower back, arthroscopic surg on left knee, detatched elbow muscle repaired, bone taken from 3 corners of my pelvic bone for the femur repairs, had my right shoulder scoped a year ago for a torn rotator cuff, labrum, and calcium chunks floating around in there, and now after a fall, I tore the labrum again, and doc says the ct scan results mean my best option in shoulder replacement which is coming up feb 12th. When docs look at my mri,s they are taken aback with the amount of arthritis I have in my shoulders, joints, spine, etc. considering I am only 43.
    Now, on to my question...
    I have always been taught that a person who commits suicide spends eternity in hell. Due to the constant pain I have been in for the last 15 yrs, I think about this subject alot because I am quite fearful of what my life will be like in another 10-15 yrs.
    so my question is...isn,t there something in the bible that says a person who commits suicide because they are enduring pain that they cannot cope with will not be punished?
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I'm gonna take the liberty to respond to you with what I have understood of the spiritual laws and laws of nature regardless of whatever religion you belong too. Let me first say I hope you find a way to relief your pain that doesn't mean ending your life. I understand it and have felt the same for quite a long time earlier in my life but don't believe it is a solution, and whether you feel what I understood applies to you or not is up to you but at least I have to share it and I hope it will bring you some relief somehow.

The way I understand it heaven and hell are time periods the earth goes through. Just like nature goes through spring summer fall and winter. If you didn't know about spring it would be hard to believe that all is going to be better after winter turns into spring again. And it isn't hard to tell that earth isn't quite heaven for anyone right now. We all suffer in one way or the other and yet we all long for better times. We don't need a hell somewhere down below to suffer, the suffering is taking place right now and we all are a part of it.

The way I understand it this time and age is a time of settlement of whatever we build up as a human race in going from using nature to abusing nature including our own bodies which are also made up of the five elements. Not a punishment put on us by someone, but simply the law of cause and effect that effect the entire planet. No single one to blame but we all have to deal with it one way or another. It is the soul that is suffering through the matter.

And ending the matter/body isn't ending the account of us souls. So in that way I don't believe ending your life is going to be a solution. However I do hope you will find a way to relieve your suffering. I hope you understand that God is Love and is not causing our suffering or punishing us but is trying to help us understand the laws and go through it the best way we can and to reconnect to our spiritual existence as souls.

Understanding myself to be the soul and not the body has helped me a great deal in coping with whatever life is presenting me. It gives some distance to the suffering whilst having to endure it knowing I am NOT the body. I am the soul in this body. And it IS hard when you get a lot on your plate and it doesn't seem to be managable some way. I hope any of this makes sense to you and can be of some help. Other then that I hope you find a docter who can help you manage your pain better so that you can at least enjoy the little things in life that are still enjoyable.

All the best to you, hope you find the wisdom and strenght and right support to make the right choices for you!
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

So sorry for all the miserable pain you are living with....I live with a lot also from a messed hip replacement which I thought would make my life better.....that was in 2010 at age 72....

I'm healthy otherwise but often think, do I want to live like this anymore.....the joy I had for so so many years is not there.

I ordered a packet of info from Compassion and Choices out of Denver...you can find them online...

I don't believe in a heaven nor hell, it's all here on EARTH in my mindset. I was never a bible person, so maybe I was saved there... Again, I understand and only WISH there were other ways to keep YOU in some comfort. jm

Thinking more on this issue and my life's journey, the catholic church did a good job on the guilt and burning in hell stuff....all fear and control to keep their masses...and no bibles in my upbringing.....

My mind sees it as a lot of angry fearful people mega years ago writing books to keep control of their people..... I hope you find Peace.....a heavy burden to carry around.....

So much evolvement in our modern times from the 1000's years ago as I understand it now....after years of reading and talking to others about this issue....there are many scientists who have studied this for 100's yrs..
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Just a thought here on thinking 10-15 yrs down the road...try working on today...I find myself going down the road too as my genes are long, parents both lived into 90's.....

One day at a time thinking and I understand your daily pain but working on doing as much to keep going One Day at a Time....

A short story here, I have a bridge friend in her early 80's...she has a sister who has been bedbound for 20+ yrs with horrible RA and this bedbound person does not want to let go, she's 87 or so and has 24 hr care....yes, she has the funds to keep this help but she says...."she does not want to leave her 80 yr old sister".....talk about a will to live.

In the meantime and for future get the Compassions packet I mentioned above....I have it now but not reading it yet.

BTW: I notice you have shoulder replacement coming up...I have shoulder messes now for over 10 yrs and would NOT do a replacement there....Prolotherapy can help with joint REHAB. Prolo is not covered by insurance, but all the surgeries covered by insurance do not work for so many and oftentimes many worse off. I have Prolo in my right shoulder and got good relief for 3 yrs. No guarantees on Prolo but neither on the surgeries and replacements....I know that too well....

I hear an MD on the radio every weekend here, he's been doing Prolo for about 16 yrs and his motto is: Prolo can take the surgery OUT of pain....it's worth a consult to save yourself from more trauma, you've had so much, too much. He teaches Prolo at UCLA and docs are taking on Prolo, but not enough, not enough....conventional med line of attack is drugs and surgery.....

jointrehab.com is a very good site to learn about Prolo.

Emergency is another thing, but elective another thing too....try to do all to avoid these surgeries....I sound like a broken record but it's so true.... Whatever you decide, best wishes to you.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014