LF someone that knows the Bible

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by CBL13, Feb 6, 2014.

1. CBL13

CBL13 Member

Long story here, so I will try to keep it short.
    Since '99 I have had a broken femur, too low for hip replacement apparently, and after the initial break caused by an auto accident, the hardware has failed several times resulting in 7 fixes in all to this leg which is now almost 3 inches too short. 1 fusion in my neck, 2 repaired disks in my mid and lower back, arthroscopic surg on left knee, detatched elbow muscle repaired, bone taken from 3 corners of my pelvic bone for the femur repairs, had my right shoulder scoped a year ago for a torn rotator cuff, labrum, and calcium chunks floating around in there, and now after a fall, I tore the labrum again, and doc says the ct scan results mean my best option in shoulder replacement which is coming up feb 12th. When docs look at my mri,s they are taken aback with the amount of arthritis I have in my shoulders, joints, spine, etc. considering I am only 43.
    Now, on to my question...
    I have always been taught that a person who commits suicide spends eternity in hell. Due to the constant pain I have been in for the last 15 yrs, I think about this subject alot because I am quite fearful of what my life will be like in another 10-15 yrs.
    so my question is...isn,t there something in the bible that says a person who commits suicide because they are enduring pain that they cannot cope with will not be punished?
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I'm gonna take the liberty to respond to you with what I have understood of the spiritual laws and laws of nature regardless of whatever religion you belong too. Let me first say I hope you find a way to relief your pain that doesn't mean ending your life. I understand it and have felt the same for quite a long time earlier in my life but don't believe it is a solution, and whether you feel what I understood applies to you or not is up to you but at least I have to share it and I hope it will bring you some relief somehow.

The way I understand it heaven and hell are time periods the earth goes through. Just like nature goes through spring summer fall and winter. If you didn't know about spring it would be hard to believe that all is going to be better after winter turns into spring again. And it isn't hard to tell that earth isn't quite heaven for anyone right now. We all suffer in one way or the other and yet we all long for better times. We don't need a hell somewhere down below to suffer, the suffering is taking place right now and we all are a part of it.

The way I understand it this time and age is a time of settlement of whatever we build up as a human race in going from using nature to abusing nature including our own bodies which are also made up of the five elements. Not a punishment put on us by someone, but simply the law of cause and effect that effect the entire planet. No single one to blame but we all have to deal with it one way or another. It is the soul that is suffering through the matter.

And ending the matter/body isn't ending the account of us souls. So in that way I don't believe ending your life is going to be a solution. However I do hope you will find a way to relieve your suffering. I hope you understand that God is Love and is not causing our suffering or punishing us but is trying to help us understand the laws and go through it the best way we can and to reconnect to our spiritual existence as souls.

Understanding myself to be the soul and not the body has helped me a great deal in coping with whatever life is presenting me. It gives some distance to the suffering whilst having to endure it knowing I am NOT the body. I am the soul in this body. And it IS hard when you get a lot on your plate and it doesn't seem to be managable some way. I hope any of this makes sense to you and can be of some help. Other then that I hope you find a docter who can help you manage your pain better so that you can at least enjoy the little things in life that are still enjoyable.

All the best to you, hope you find the wisdom and strenght and right support to make the right choices for you!