***Libra55***WHERE ARE YOU???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Feb 12, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Michelle,

Myself and someone else were looking for you the past few weeks, we hadn't seen you posting and were concerned...

But I just checked and you had written to Mable recently so I knew all was well...

I wanted to let you know of a book I just got yesterday called BREAKING THE VICIOUS CYCLE Intestinal Health through Diet...

Elaine Gottschall (author) spent years finding a cure for her daughter's Ulcerative Colitis and eventually put her experience in writing along with recipes and medical findings to help people like us...

If I remember correctly, your daughter has Asperger's???So sorry if I am wrong, but for some reason it stuck in my head...Elaine also feels, like I do, the bowel/brain connection is something to explore...My husband and lil boy's epilepsy had much to do with diet...And I know for me, diet is the key, I just need to adhere to it and cure myself...

I read the book today and made a list for the grocery store. I will start on Wednesday...She also recommends proper vits/minerals, all of which I am allready taking and I have felt the benefit...I am still weaning off the pred and cipro, down to 15mg in am and one 500mg cipro per day...

I wanted your input on this...Have you heard of this diet???Seems similar to Atkin's or South Beach, both of which I have done VERY well on in the past so I won't hesitate to do this...

I can't believe in 10 years of thorough research (what I thought was thorough), I never came across this woman's story...She did it to save her daughter!!! 40 years of her life spent finding answers...If she can spend 40 years, I can do this for a month and see how I feel...

Lemme know what you think...I hope you are feeling better...I am, but I want to feel GREAT again...I NEED to feel GREAT again...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

BUMP BUMP BUMP
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

BUMP BUMP BUMP
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Bumping for Michelle...