Lichen Planus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggieschnauzer, Feb 19, 2006.

1. maggieschnauzer

maggieschnauzer New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with Lichen Planus. I have it on my shins and in my mouth. I also have some spots on my elbows and a spot on my face. I am wondering if anyone who has this has red eyes? I am 56 years old. I have been healthy all my life. I do not have Hepatitus, I have elevated liver enzymes and the doctor can not find out why I do. I am really frustrated. Any new research on this. I don't like taking many drugs. I like to find natural ways of dealing with my health. Any suggestions???

Thank you.
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I also have lichen plannus in a place I'd rather not describe. It's irritating to say the least but by using Desonide (a prescription cortico steroid) it stays under control. I only have to apply it just once a day to the effected parts. I'd love to find a way to get rid of it naturally and forever.

Also, I've tried hydrogen peroxide and iodine but with no luck. Hydorcortisone was not effective either.
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have had this for many years. When I first got it I was covered with it but lately it has been under control. I use a corticosteroid gel and it works fine. If the lesions get too large my Dermatologist injects them with a steroid.

I know that my Dermatologist checks my liver function frequently; there is some conncection but I'm not sure what it is. Mine has always been fine.
    I have it in my mouth too but we aren't treating it since it doesn't bother me there.

Kathy.
  4. maggieschnauzer

maggieschnauzer New Member