Lidocain - Does anyone use the Patches? Pain Control?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaneSmith, Jan 17, 2009.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

My Rhemy gave me a script for Lidocain patches. They cost $155.00 and my out of pocket expense was $55.00. Has anyone had any success for pain control.

Thank you,

2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i used them for my neck & shoulder pain, couldnt tell much difference, but my cousin swears by them. we are all so different, it's worth giving them a trial run at least, good luck!!
  3. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I tried a patch on my arm last night. No difference. Apercream for $5.00 works better. Thanks for responding.

Warmest Regards,

4. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

The LidoDerm patches are great! When I first started using them I wasn't sure if it was helping or not, but after I used them a little bit more I knew that it did help a lot! You don't have an automatic relief from pain but a gradual one. So, if you don't pay attention you may be unaware of it. Now that I have used them a while I can use 2 on my lower back (where my worst pain is) for 24 hours and then take them off and not need one for a couple of days. It's like it's a cumulative affect. Don't give up on them too soon. The instructions say to wear them for 12 hours on and 12 hours off. But, my Rheumy says you can wear them for 24 hours before you change them or take them off, whichever you need to do. They are expensive but they are definately worth it for me! Good Luck!
  5. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I didn't know it was a cumulative affect. Good to know and now I will try them again. And I didn't know I could use them 24 hrs.

Thank you!

6. Bxteacher

Bxteacher Member

My rheumy gave me Flector Patches after I used the Lido ones...Flectors are better, they contain NSAIDS & worked much better for me. Ask your doc.

good luck.

Good luck