LIDOCAINE BY I.V. FOR PAIN RELIEF OF FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nvstella, Nov 21, 2006.

1. nvstella

nvstella New Member

Has anyone tried this treatment? I have been reading about it lately but wanted to get some first hand feedback before trying it.
  2. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

I tried IV lidocaine for FMS pain relief at a pain clicnic at the U of Chicago.

A woman I knew casually has had great success with the treatment, and has week(s) of pain relief from it.

I tried it twice. Both times I had pain relief for a short time (still a blessing!) but the effects wore off in a few short hours, so the doctor felt it wasn;t worth it.

My sense is, it works for some people but not all, and you will only know if you try.

It was not uncomfortable (made me feel a little cold) - only starting the IV caused any pain.

Good luck.

Kim
  3. nvstella

nvstella New Member

Thanks so much for the info. i will see my doctor on 12/3/06 and plan to discuss it with him as an option. there was an excellent article about this treatment in the latest issue of the Fibromyalgia Network newsletter.
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I tried this treatment. Unfortunately, I had to travel by car for two hours to get to the treatment centre. After the treatment, I felt good - the infusion helped - but then by the time I got home (car rides are extremely difficult for me) I'd hurt more than ever. Just my experience. God bless, Anne Theresa