Lidocaine patches (Lidoderm)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fawn, May 18, 2003.

1. Fawn

Fawn New Member

Does anyone use those lidocaine patches, called lidoderm? They are made by Endo, and come in a big plastic package, and you can cut them to fit your shoulder, or hip, or knee, or whatever else is hurting at the time. I got this and it did absolutely nothing for my fibro pain. I had hip pain in both hips so bad the other day, that I tried the patches and it didn't do a thing. I am glad insurance paid for it, because I don't use them. (It's like a topical patch with lidocaine in it).
  2. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I still have a bunch of them with 5 refills left! You know why? Because they dont help.
  3. achy

achy New Member

I started seeing a new Rhumy which means all new meds, naturally. I was on Oxycontin/percocet before...now suffering thru wiht Ultram. I begged the doc for something else, that the ultram wasn't even lessening my pain.
    He Rx'd the lidoderm...
    I get my scripts thru snailmail, so it takes two weeks....
    Tomorrow is two weeks and I am in so much pain I can't stand it. My shoulders and upper back have a deep burning and stinging pain. I was soo looking forward to the patches!!

I will let you know if they work for me.....oh God please!!!

warm fuzzies
    Achy

I can't afford to waste any moe $$ on meds that don't work.
    He also put me on flexeril (I was on Soma) and it doesn't help me sleep either!!!

4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Can't live without them. They handle really bad pain for sleep. Put them on my lower back & spine. Use 3 patches at once & they allow me to get to sleep with the Ambien.

If I don't take them then the Ambien doesn't work.

I think they are a real must have!

best thoughts to all.
  5. Fawn

Fawn New Member

I did'nt mean they won't work for everyone. Everyone' pain level is so different. I pray they work for you. The other "reply" about lidoderm patches seemed to really work GOOD! I hope it really helps you. let me know when you get them and try them! I didn't mean to bust your bubble on this... (feel guilty now).
    But it may do wonders for you!
    Gentle hugs to you~
    Fawn
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I just got some patches two weeks ago. I've used them 3 times & 2 out of 3 times it helped my pain. The pain didn't go away completely but it was bearable.

I have to pay 20% & my ins. pays the rest. My 20% was $25.00! This is for 30 patches. Shocker on the wallet. But the way I see it, if it works then it's worth the price.

Hope it works for you, Achy.

Take care.......Kathi
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2003]
  7. littlebren

littlebren New Member

Dear Fawn I tried the patches and they didnot help at all, but everyones pain is different, so maybe you will find some relief. I still have a whole box left. I tried them for 2 days. I find that Vicodin es give me more relief than anything else that I have tried, and believe me I have tried just about everything. I do hope that you will have success with the patches.