Life desintegrating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pryna, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Pryna

Pryna New Member

I feel like my life is desintegrating. Not to be melodramatic, but everything has fallen away. Any interest in doing anything fun or interesting, dating, making friends, holding up friendships, even something as simple as going out to dinner is a big challenge. I wake up feeling like I am one hundred years old, so stiff and fatigued it is just all I can do to log roll out of bed. Then I have had to put a stool in my bathroom so I can sit down while I get ready for work. Work has become the only thing left standing in my life, because in order to hold up my job, everything else has to fall away. If I had to choose between the pain and the fatigue, it would be the fatigue that would go. I get the impression that pain is the major thing with FMS, could it be that I don't have it? My rheumatologist did not find the classic tender points, but all my other labs are...normal. No thyroid dysfunction or other disturbance.
    What a whiner I am tonight, but I guess I needed to vent. Sorry.
  2. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

a good whine on occasion is the best thing we can do I think. it does get so overwhelming. My life is about the same as you, though my work life has disintegrated to a mere ten horus per week and I canharly do that.

Vent away....at least here, we all understand!
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I know exactly how you feel. I don't have FMS, but I do have CFIDS. Not all people with CFIDS have FMS. The exhaustion is indescribable. I have made some progress but it's been a long, long journey. I would strongly recommend going to the website www.chronicfatigue.org I ordered their book, Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000, and found it very very interesting, it made the most sense to me of this whole DD. I do believe it involves a malfunction of the adrenal glands due to accute, chronic stress. There are adrenal supplements available from certain chiropractors which do help with the fatigue. I finally quit work 2 years ago because it was too hard to go on, I was married then, got state disability for a year, then we had to borrow money to survive, then we split up, blah blah. Anyways, for me, I started making the most progress when I quit work, and concentrated everything on getting well. It involved muscle testing by a chiropractor who quickly and easily diagnosed weak adrenals, a lot of fine tuning of my digestive system which had gotten all out of whack, a liver detox (which was not fun, but which made a great deal of difference). I still don't have a lot of stamina (and the stress of the marriage break-up I know weakened me further), but I am better than 2 years ago. I really think to get well, we have to make it our main focus, and to do that you have to know what you're dealing with, and for that I recommend that book above. It's not simple, but I think there may be hope - I wish I had quit work several years ago, and would have, if I had known then what I know now.

[ advertisement ]