Life Insurance and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Feb 19, 2006.

1. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

Hi all,

Was wondering whether anyone here has had a hard time getting life insurance. If so, how high do the rates go?

My blood and urine come in fine. Not sure what to do.

2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I do not really know........

What I do know is they usually ask after a lengthy questionaire on your health if you have any other disease/illness. Of course in the list would be questions on pain/allegeries....a bunch of things.
    Also last time you saw Dr. and for what? Or what have you Doctored for in the past few yrs.

It has been sometime since I asked a friend of mine that owns a ins. business if Fibro/Cfids folks were insurable. At that time he had not came across it in placing insuance, but he said that it might be a problem since no one knows what it is yet or what to expect from it.

Sometimes payments are more for a prevailing illness, or a clause of so many years, that if you die in such a length of time your beneficary will only get back what you paid in. After a certain amount of yrs. you would be covered by higher amounts.

Not all insurance are the same. Ins. Co. are alays rewritting their policies to make them more marketable and at the same time protecting themselves, and that is understandable.

There is small policies out there that do not ask any questions on health. They cost a little bit more but easy to get and legal and binding. Might check into those. Watch for advs. and also any ins. your bank might handle. Sometimes they (bank) offers a free thousand dollar policy and offer more to you according to your age in figuring the amount. Banks makes money off these policies. Also not wrong.

I used to be employeed in selling life/accident and health....but it has been a long time. They change some what and I also have forgotten much......esp. with this fibro fog.
    Hope this helps.........

[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2006]